1999 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Great Small SUV!

1999 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Great Small SUV!
By Grant Stanley on

1999 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I bought it back in September of '04. I bought it with 55,000 miles on it, and it has 59,000 at the moment. I would suggest getting a high performance air filter and an inexpensive lift kit. I put a 2" lift on mine and it really makes a difference, not only on the outside, but the ride quality is much better. I would definitely recommend this car, especially because of the cost of gas these days. I get about 18 miles per gallon, and where I live, I pay about $40 to fill it up. Also, the 4.0L 6 cylinder engine has a lot of power, especially when you add the air filter. When i bought it, it had about 190hp, now it's cranking out about 205hp.

The 4.0 is a nice feature. Comfortable seats. Good ride quality.

The interior is pretty boring, a wood dash kit would really spruce up the overall quality, also a leather steering wheel would be nice too. Make sure your exhaust manifold is not cracked! I had to pay $600 to get it fixed.