An old work horse
By pkelly502 on
1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
Let me just start off by saying I love my JEEP! And there is no denying it this baby is a Jeep. Some people think the only real Jeeps are Wranglers but that's not the case, this bad boy even stock has the capability to do some pretty amazing things off road. The best part about this jeep is that while being able to take it for a fun weekend camping or 4x4ing is nice and easy its also a great car to drive on the road,in the city or on the highway. I have a 99 cherokee sport in automatic (not listed on this site if im not mistaken) and she has over 230,000 miles with nearly no major repairs aside from a starter and a new ac pump. And of course some body damage fixes but that' my fault not hers
Favorite Features
I love the 4x4 on this, my dad drove this for nearly ten years hundreds of thousands of miles on the highway and back roads of Kentucky. It wasn't until i could drive and the jeep was mine that i found out just how impressive she can be off road. My cherokee is fully stock on stock wheels and no lift and it can do some things, that being said i have a buddy with a 98 sitting on 4.5" of lift and 35" tires and his cherokee can't be stopped on anything we have here in the bluegrass state.
Suggested Improvements
Obviously you know what you are buying this car for whether that be take the kids to soccer practice or building the Jeep of your dreams that can go anywhere. That being said if its a soccer mom jeep save your improvement money for little fixes like fixing the roof lining when it sages because stock shes got all you need, maybe brighter head lights? If you want off road then what can't you do to it? not in a bad way stock shes darn good, but with a small lift bigger tires and a bumper with a winch and some lights you will have your Jeep kicking ass and taking names, and fully outfitted like that she will be looking great while doing it.