1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
1999 jeep 2wd cherokee sport
By Thomas George on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I've had the jeep since 32000miles and haven't had any problems besides new breakes. It's a rugged suv, good for 2 kids or less and can take a beating. A great suv for the money, reliable, and you can beat the crap out of it. Modern suv's are crap and are not made for ture ruggedness. Who cares about the ride, it lasts!

Parting is sweet sorrow
By snookums on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Cherokee brand new back in '99 and have had very few problems with it. The few times I've actually taken it off-road it has been a beast. It's never broken down or given me any real problems. It does have a tendency to spin the tires on wet pavement, though. Generally, it just does that when turning from a stop. The paint has held up pretty well. I don't have the painted fenders and the plastic has faded badly. The interior has held up well. Sadly, I will be trading the old girl in for something newer. I need something I can make frequent long trips in and the Jeep is getting to the mileage range where something will be going wrong on it.

Jeep Cherokee
By tanneraspen on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Wonderful car, I have 93,000 miles and it's solid.

Dependable and Trouble-free Jeep
By mikeglenn on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4dr SUV

I have found this vehicle to be one of the best vehicles I have owned for the money. In 4 years and 75,000 miles, the only problem has been a wheel bearing. It rides a little rough and is noisey, but I can live with it because it has been so trouble-free. I liked my Jeep so well, I leased one for my son a few months after purchasing myne. He drove his for 3 years with no problems either.

The best toy ever.
By Flo Pacheco on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Really fun vehicle. Easy to work on. You can push it hard and gives you everything back. Great vehicle for loading with accessories. Grill guard, roof rack, lift, you name it and this vehicle can take it. It was a solid purchase.

Ho-hum... probably my last Jeep.
By mono on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Cherokee with 37k miles on it and it now has about 52k miles. Since purchasing it, I've had to replace: cracked exhaust manifold, rear hatch, exhaust hanger, window controls on the passenger side, serpentine belt, the fuel filler, the transfer case, and the injectors were overly covered in carbon (so said the dealer). I also have a vibration in the front end between 65-75 MPH that two different Jeep dealers have not been able to figure out. Other than the consistant problems and low low low gas mileage, I dig my Jeep. I wouldn't suggest a Cherokee to anyone, but I wouldn't turn you away from one either. Buyer beware I guess.

What I think of My Jeep
By Greg S. on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my jeep Cherokee for about a year now and I love it. It; accelerates good, has power you can feel, handles really good with almost no body role, breakes extremely well, gets good gas milage, and is very comfortable to drive. I also love taking it offroad. I am huge offroader and I have yet to get this thing stuck. It has one of the best 4-wheel drive systems on the m,arket. It can go anywhere and do anything as is, with no modifications and even without allterain tires like mine(although allterain tires are recomended for all vehicles going off road). The only complaint I have about the Cherokee is that the center counsel/jocky box is a litle small.

I love my Jeep!
By Cz173 on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I think that a jeep cheokee is a great car. I like how is 4wd and the nice body style. Only setback is the gas, it guzzels it. But i do love my Jeep!

1999 Black Cherokee Sport
By Jeepn101 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I am one of the few people that actually takes a Cherokee off-road. I found the Cherokee to be the perfect SUV for Northern Michigan. Not too bulky and not a "sport-cute" It is the ideal size for any family with two children or less. As of July 25,2003 I have 68,000 miles and the only problem I have had is a Fuel Pump that was covered under my 8/80 warrenty.

not worth the money
By krlw on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of mechanical problems. gone through 7 sets of rotors with normal driving conditions. Fog lights don't work, heated seats don't work. cv joints replaced in front, now rear ones are out. manifold cracked, steering motor replaced, washer motor replaced, airbag module replaced after recall then replaced again, in and out of shop regularly in first year. not a good buy