1999 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: 175k and still going strong...

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

175k and still going strong...!
By 1goodjeep on

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my '99 Cherokee Sport in July of 2005. It had 166k on it when I bought it, and its now nearing 175k. Only things I've done to it is put a bigger set of tires on it and a serpentine belt. After totaling a new TrailBlazer last February and getting into the Jeep, it is quite a bit smaller, but gets far better gas mileage. Handling is way better then the TrailBlazer also. I guess I lucked out when I found my black Cherokee. It has the 4.0L with the 5 speed, and it downright HAULS with the manual. It's no nonsense exterior design makes this Jeep awesome in the woods. VERY easy to maintain. Sure it's loud, not very comfortable, and somewhat small ... but hey it's a Jeep and that's what a Jeep is.

5 speed hooked to the 4.0L, good gas mileage for a SUV, great A/C system, no nonsense exterior/interior. You can wash and wax this Jeep within a couple hours. Won't drain your wallet/purse at the pump. Extreme ease of maintenance.

The stock headlights downright stink. I replaced mine with the Silverstars, and it made a HUGE difference.