1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Definitely Won't be in The Market for Another Jeep
By laneoc97 on 08/29/14 21:39 PM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4dr SUV

This car was a hand me down from my aunt. She and my uncle take very good care of their cars, so don't give me the whole "you must not have taken care of it" thing. This car has been nothing but problems. Endless electrical problems is the first issue. In less than a year that I've had this car, the automatic door locks, cruise control, trunk light, horn, airbag, and the windows have all stopped working. I've had several mechanic friends check all of the fuses and everything and they are all completely fine. I haven't taken it in yet cause I can't afford the huge costs. On top of all of that it has completely broken down twice AGAIN in just a year of having it. All in all just a huge pain.

Dependable and Trouble-free Jeep
By mikeglenn on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4dr SUV

I have found this vehicle to be one of the best vehicles I have owned for the money. In 4 years and 75,000 miles, the only problem has been a wheel bearing. It rides a little rough and is noisey, but I can live with it because it has been so trouble-free. I liked my Jeep so well, I leased one for my son a few months after purchasing myne. He drove his for 3 years with no problems either.