Used 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Love my Jeep!
By scooterluv1

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Needed an inexpensive SUV (wanted it to American built), so I bought this Cherokee in late 2013 w/16500 miles on her. I've added 50000 miles since I've owned it. She gets lots of looks/positive comments and at least once every couple of months someone asks to buy it. Overall, it's a great SUV.

Turning radius, performance (fast), vehicle height, power, stability, simplistic timelessness styling, solid build, nicely equipped (power windows/locks, leather seats, title steering wheel), value (still retails for almost $5000.00), etc.

Driver's area is a bit snug & gas mileage could be better.

NEVER
By yz250r

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I AM NOT SATISFIDE! This jeep was good for about 4 months mialige 118,000 to curently 123,000 miles. Resently I`v had some major scairs. The engine on and off shakes the car. I can tell because normaly it would be a smoother feeling. At about 20 to 40 mph the car will leack forwars vilontly and will not produce power for 10 to 25 seconds. DO NOT GET THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great for the price
By J.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Bought this three years old but only 10K miles. Love the thing...very comfortable, good visibility and performance. Super in snow and ice. The Liberty is a dog by comparison. Jeep should have never dropped the Cherokee.

Comfort, visibility, 4wd performance

Engine a little noisy (as is AC fan, etc). Underhood noise is noisy, and some wind noise at highway speeds. Hey, it's a Jeep!

No confidence
By Toler

1999 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

This car left me stranded the day after I brought it home from the dealer...bad battery. Both the driver side and passenger side windows have broken. It rides like hell. The tires wear unevanlly. Mere puddle water saturates the engine compartment all the way to the valve cover. The brakes are horrible. The left front grabs when the rotors are cold. It has done this since the thing had 8000 on it. Bad re-sale.

The engine is tried and true. The 4.0 pushes all the way to zippy status when the driver needs it.

It seems as though Jeep has already done what I would suggest...scrap it and start all over. They wont be building any for me though; I'm not buying another Jeep product.