True Sport Utility
By Scooter on
1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD
This is one rugged SUV. Utility is the key word here. I take this thing off road, on 3000 mile road trips, to the grocery store, lumber yard, skiing, hunting, fishing, tailgating. It has 120,000 miles and starts instantly. Goes off road like a warrior and has a classic look. I took two 6 footers, all our hunting gear for a week, with a roof and tongue rack. I tow the snowmobiles with this. All that and it parks easy, is good around town. I needed a reliable rugged vehicle. The rear defroster is out, the fog lights are short circuited, but she starts, clips in 4x4, and everything else works. If WWIII breaks out, this is the vehicle you want.
Favorite Features
Starts like a top, heats well, and cush driver and passenger side seats. Rear seat folds. I also like the size of the vehicle, easy to park, and low.This is a rugged SUV. If you want pampering, drive something else. If you need something to go through everything, then this is your beast.
Suggested Improvements
I'd love to see a revision of the Cherokee. BMW runs the I6 and gets excellent power, reliability. With better suspension, 60/40 folding seats. More storage. This is a Swiss army knife, simple, capable, reliable. No frills. I