1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Nothing else ever will compare

1998 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Nothing else ever will compare
By IMChad on

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this jeep. I'm on my 4th year of owning it and can't say enough. I've put around 80,000 miles on it and at 150,000 it still runs like brand new. During the winter, we had 24" of snow and it was below zero and it was nice being the only one in the neighborhood who didn't have to shovel the drive. When the plows came and buried the drives, I just climbed over it. Fuel mileage really does stink on this one though. I drive like an old lady mostly and I get 13 city and 17 highway/interstate. But, my wife gets 30 in her car and i still pay more a year keeping hers on the road. I've not changed anything but a wheel hub, tires, UV joint and battery. Not bad for 4 years of heavy driving.

Dependability. This thing will start every time at any time. I've started it up in -20 degree weather and moshed deep snow without ever getting stuck and never once would it not start. I take this thing on trips across country and never worry one bit.

None. I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs and I find it hard to fit in a lot of vehicles. This thing is wonderful. With three kids and my wife, we all fit fine. Its a little tight on long trips, but I wouldn't sell it for 10,000 and thats no joke.