1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: It's good for me...

1998 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

It's good for me...
By Ramblerman on

1998 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep with 117,000 miles on it. I had to rebuild the steering and put tires on it. The exhaust manifold was broken (a common problem on the 4.0L Jeep motors), but I replaced it with a lifetime guaranteed manifold from Gale Banks Engineering. It runs great and has no problem merging with traffic getting on the Interstate highways. It has the leather seats and I may install seat heaters because of that. It seems a little more cramped inside than my '86 Cherokee, but it's still not too bad to drive three hours to work.

The AM/FM/Cassette/CD player is very nice for me, but younger folks would probably upgrade. Seats are very comfortable after they get warm in the winter. Goes like a scalded cat. Does very well off road and in bad weather. Rear seat heat and cooling vents work well.

Heat/cool feature for the seats. Bigger wheels and tires. Wheels that are easier to clean. Bring back the Cherokee ... the Liberty doesn't come close.