1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Gotta love this truck!

1998 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Gotta love this truck!
By HunterR on

1998 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got my third Jeep Cherokee! So far I have had nothing but luck! The first Cherokee I got is a 1987 Cherokee, manual trans., 4wd which now has over 230,000 miles on it and still runs fine! My second Jeep is a 1998 Red Cherokee, manual trans. with over 100,000 miles on it and it also runs like new! My newest Cherokee is also a 1998, auto trans, 4wd with 43,000 which also runs like new! I still have all three of them and probably will never sell any of them. The only problem with Jeep that I can think of is that they stopped production of the Cherokee. Personally I think Jeep made a huge mistake when they did it.

Everything basically. I like the 4wd and the powerful Inline6. Don't be fooled by the way it sounds, the inline6 can pump out about 190hp, and with a little extra money you can upgrade the engine to get about 250hp.

Well the AC could be cooler but it has never bothered me. There is a bit of a problem with the reverse on the manual trans. 1998 cherokee, it tends to grind when you put it into reverse. The auto trans. on the '98 has no flaws though. That is the only real problem I can think of.