1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Best vehicle I'll ever own

1998 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Best vehicle I'll ever own
By gotta love the jeep on

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I inherited this when my dad passed a couple of years ago, and between him, my mom, and myself, we've put 55,000 miles on this Cherokee. My mom and sister both have Grand Cherokees (98 and 99), but neither compare to the way this one performs on or off-road. The ride is a little bouncy at times, but that's to be expected for a truck-based SUV. Even then, it rides much better than many current car-based SUV wanna-bes and newer mid-sized truck-based SUVs with independent suspension, IMHO. I'll also tell you that this is one vehicle the designers and engineers got right, even with upgrades as the model years moved along.

The 4 wheel drive system makes this vehicle unstuckable (if it's not a word, it is now!) and the layout of the interior is pretty well though out considering the amount of space available between the front and rear wheel wells. Rear speakers in the headliner is a nice touch too.

Bring it back. Maybe with a 3 inch wider track and larger wheel/tire packages. Oh, and a turbocharged version of the straight 6 242ci if it's possible (though it's unneeded, since the 242ci will pull stumps out of the ground without trying).