1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: A little beast

1998 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

A little beast
By Mario on

1998 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Jeep with 87,000 miles on it two years ago, now it has 97,000. All I have done on it is replace the AC unit that comes inside of the dashboard (which was broken when I bought it). That was $600. I keep it completely standard and I just love it! it has the tough SUV looks from the outside but once you get in, you have the leather, heated and powered seats, powered windows and locks, the wood trim dashboard and so on. The 4.0L six cylinder in line engine is awesome; sometimes, when standing on a red light if a little so called "fast car" pulls next to me, they don't expect the quick response of the Jeep and I leave them thinking I got "something extra" in it.

Haven't been able to get it stuck yet, the strong engine mixed with good tires will pull him out every time.

Chrysler tried to replace it with the Liberty, which I have tried also but it is missing that OFF ROAD style. I guess that eventually, Jeep will come up with something else either improving the Liberty or with a whole different vehicle, but until then, I'll stick with the Cherokee.