Used 1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Nothing else ever will compare
By IMChad

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this jeep. I'm on my 4th year of owning it and can't say enough. I've put around 80,000 miles on it and at 150,000 it still runs like brand new. During the winter, we had 24" of snow and it was below zero and it was nice being the only one in the neighborhood who didn't have to shovel the drive. When the plows came and buried the drives, I just climbed over it. Fuel mileage really does stink on this one though. I drive like an old lady mostly and I get 13 city and 17 highway/interstate. But, my wife gets 30 in her car and i still pay more a year keeping hers on the road. I've not changed anything but a wheel hub, tires, UV joint and battery. Not bad for 4 years of heavy driving.

Dependability. This thing will start every time at any time. I've started it up in -20 degree weather and moshed deep snow without ever getting stuck and never once would it not start. I take this thing on trips across country and never worry one bit.

None. I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs and I find it hard to fit in a lot of vehicles. This thing is wonderful. With three kids and my wife, we all fit fine. Its a little tight on long trips, but I wouldn't sell it for 10,000 and thats no joke.

My 2 wheel drive jeep
By alex8277

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

So its two wheel drive. My friend has a Blazer I can get everywhere he can just as fast. With out the 4 wheel drive. So it doesn't get stuck I love her.

the magical feature that it doesn't get stuck.

um gluing on the rear view mirror so it doesn't fall of when you're going 40 down a pothole road. lol

Southern Jeep
By Southern Jeep

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 98' Jeep used in 2000. It's the best money I ever spent!! This bad boy has NEVER seen the inside of a garage. Just minor repairs from wear and tear (and too much 4 wheelin!!). I have 187,000 miles and it purrs like a kitten. The only way to describe thos model Jeep is unbreakable!! I would not even consider selling it. Liberty, Commander, Compass, yeah righ. These models cannot begin to fill the shoes of a 4WD 98 Jeep Cherokee!! Bad move discontinuing this model Jeep.

Hard as steel and tough as nails!!

Bring it back on the market so I can buy another one!! And keep my old one of course....

2 door bigwheel pimp!
By dj

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

I got my Jeep in October of 2007 and I love it! I received it with 93,000 miles on it and it has bout 120,000 miles now. Just recently I had to replace the crank shaft censor and the radiator fan assembly, but overall it's a great build and like a rock. Mine is 2 door and White with tent and I have big bowlegged tires on it and I just changed the grill to chrome to match my rims. I am officially obsessed with my Jeep and its brand.

the size and pick up power

better interior and bigger backseat

Built to Outlast !!
By GreatToBeAJeep

1998 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had a Jeep Since 1994.I Bought my 1998 Cherokee in 2002 used. I have had some work done but all was wear and tear.I plan to bury this Jeep until the wheels fall off or it cost to much to fix(replace).That's how much I FEEL about my Jeep.P.S. Look around for these Jeeps. It's hard to find them like this !

The feel of Comfort.The Power to NEVER get stuck.The ease Of working on this Jeep. Try to say that about these new Hard as hell to work on cars.

None. I will pay the crazy gas prices knowing I can save on Maintenance.