1996 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Too bad it's extinct!

1996 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Too bad it's extinct!
By Maddog on

1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

I don't understand the decision to put this vehicle out to pasture. For the price and versatility, this has, by far, been the best vehicle I've owned. At 6 1/2 years old with 102,000 miles, mine is still going strong. All I've had to do is keep up with the basic maintenance. The worst mechanical problem I've had is the water pump went bad at around 100,000 miles. The model that took it's place will never match up to this awesome vehicle. I'll drive this til the wheels and engine fall off and then I'll replace them and keep on going. This will probably end up being the vehicle my kids inherit when they get their driver's licenses. I agree with the other review - BRING IT BACK!

Engine power is great along with overall performance. It's a great family vehicle.

The only problem is with the lack of room in the back seat for adults. Add a little more space there and you can't beat it.