Great Vehicle
By ShaggyisMBM on
1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD
I have owned a Bronco, a Wrangler, a F- 250, and a Tacoma. This is by far the best overall. The straight 6 has almost as much power as the V8's in my 2 Fords. Before I put new tires on I often had trouble not spinning the tires in rain. For an SUV it is quick. The 4wd has never left me stuck. There is room for all I need. I have only had minor problems other than needing a new rear end. These are cheap and easy to find and well worth the money. You can find after market parts for it almost anywhere. It is easy to work on. It has classic styling and almost everything is practical. I recommend it to anyone. Great in snow, off road, and in traffic.
Favorite Features
The never get stuck, lightweight, super engined, smooth transmissioned, hauling, SUV has many great features. Roof racks will hold anything: canoes, ladders etc.It is hard to drive more than 10 miles and not see one, but because of some many aftermarket parts, you'll rarely see two that are the same
Suggested Improvements
No cup holders. I took two waterbottle holders for bicycles and screwed them into the dash to solve that problem. Undersides, often rusty from offroading or snowdriving by others. I have heard brakes go quick. I have already changed pads in mine. They do not make them anymore.