Commander is a Cherokee wanna-be
By Sleek Black Powerful on
1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD
I cannot be happier with my fun 1996 Jeep Cherokee that I bought at 126,500 miles. It is a sleek, black Sport 4Dr 4WD with gray cloth interior, OEM aluminum wheels, and Goodyear Tracker tires. The car is in fantastic condition, in terms of the engine, transmission, suspension, electronics, interior and exterior. It simply looks cool and commanding. It's as if Jeep's new Commander design team went retro and modeled their design off of the original '84 Cherokee. I'd even venture to say that the new Mustang is to the original '65 Mustang as the new Commander is to the original '84 Cherokee. It's a lot of fun driving this car. The shift-on-the-fly 4WD gets me anywhere in brutal Chicago weather.
Favorite Features
Powerful 4.0 liter I-6 muscle. 20mpg. Sleek, muscular, sporty and chiseled look. Lots of head, shoulder and leg room for the driver as well as front and back passengers. Great corrosion-free paint. Excellent ground clearance. Command-Trac 4WD is awesome. Lots of cargo space. Hot heater/cool AC. Fun!
Suggested Improvements
I can't think of improvements I'd suggest, although I can think of other things I love about my Jeep: it starts up every time. It accelerates FAST at a green light. Tight cornering. Great panoramic view. Comfortable seats. Excellent cruise control. Nice stereo. Great keyless entry. The perfect car.