1996 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Classic
By Martino on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

The is the second cherokee I've owned and enjoy the 4wd in the snow and off road conditions. With the right tires you realy don't need to do much regarding a true off road vehicle. But after market options are bountiful.

Jeep Cherokee Country
By dknorpp on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been awsome. I have had no problems. Plenty of power. It has 78k miles and still going strong. I replaced the AC unit about 3 years ago, but other than that I have only done normal maintence to it. I hope my next vehicle is just as good.

WYSIWYG
By tommy d on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Great, functional, fun to dive vehicle. If you want a bigger back seat or more stowage, buy a Suburban. Fun to drive (short wheel-base) but drives like a truck... built on a truck chassis... duh!

My Jeep Cherokee
By Calvin Bevard on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This jeep has alot of miles on it and the inline 6 engin is a good strong engin0

115K and still going
By KT2003 on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

Have had this vehicle for 7 years and 115k miles. I've been hit twice and it is still going strong. Never had any major mechanical problems.

great vehicle
By apartin on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is a '96 Cherokee Country. I bought it in '97 when it had only 8,000 miles on it. Basically, I've driven the heck out of it. It's got over 112,000 miles on it now, but is still going strong! No major mechanical repairs. It has been a very dependable vehicle.

it's a jeep thing...
By robbo on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, a great "little mule". Several little things (i.e. rattles in the door, dome light quit working, rear window washer broke, worthless cup holders, loose exhaust pipe) are making me not appreciate it as much as I could. The engine and transmission are trouble free at 91K miles. Off-road capability is unbeaten.

A Great Suv
By John Perrin on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

Overall I have really enjoyed owning My 1996 Cherokee. It is a very useful SUV. Other that the cup holder and the rear seat, I have no complaints. I am not quite sure why Jeep discounted the Cherokee; it looks a hell of a lot better than the new Liberty.

Just plain great vehicle
By freebird on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

The only thing that comes to my is Great vehicle! Try it you'll love them Enough said, no need to say more

All around great vechicle
By Jeeper4life on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

fun to drive very reliable no serious mechanical problems i have over 65000 mile on it and it still runs as good as the day i bought it. I have no regerts lots of power w/I six cyl 4.0 liter engine fuel could be better but can't complain overall a well built vechicle