1996 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
327,000k and still going!
By Stillgoing on 07/20/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

My '96 Jeep Cherokee Country was handed down to me with 280,000 miles on it and me being the 4th driver! It came from Texas and driven all over the eastern coast. Very reliable! The motor has been rebuilt, new transmission, but other than that, just typical wear and tear maintenance. It has been a great vehicle for our family and we plan on buying another Jeep soon.

Great, Reliable SUV
By DrumFamily on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

We bought our Jeep in 2002 with 85k miles on it. We've since run it past 120k, and it is still going strong. We've had to replace the water pump and serpentine belt, but that was it. It really is a solid vehicle, with great construction and is truly reliable. Would recommend to potential buyers.

A Great Suv
By John Perrin on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

Overall I have really enjoyed owning My 1996 Cherokee. It is a very useful SUV. Other that the cup holder and the rear seat, I have no complaints. I am not quite sure why Jeep discounted the Cherokee; it looks a hell of a lot better than the new Liberty.

What an SUV should be!
By Objective Owner on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

The Cherokee is what an SUV should be; power to tow, excellent off-road capability, reliable, versatile,tough, and still comfortable and fun to drive. I have not had any problems with the vehicle. It tows a trailer very easily, is confident off road in some very rough country, and still works great for hauling groceries or clients. I admit to being a little critical of SUV's that were never meant to work. It seems like a bit of a waste.