1995 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: I did all right and still got

1995 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Country 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I did all right and still got burned
By TC on

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep thoroughly. I kept my Jeepster in pristine shape inside and out. You could literally eat off the floors and or hood. Within 8 years of ownership I had an oil leak where dropping the tranny became a necessary fix costing me $800 - and from there it mechanically went downhill FAST. The radiator, water pump and finally the rod bearings. The rod bearings would cost me a remanfacturered engine at a cost of $2000 + labor. The dealership here in Central Florida said $4300 and I said see ya. I had to figure if it was worth the time and money. The Jeep value being ONLY $3300. I loved my Jeep! Yet if I fix it what would the possibilities be of something else going wrong, like the A/C?

Handling tight and great cornering ability. I like the sunken floors (boat like) and the interior comfortably wrapped around you (front seats ONLY). The electric window mechanisms are perfectly placed against door (not on the arm rest) so rain drops could not interfere with the electrical unit.

Exterior body is quite flimsy. I have never seen a Jeep without a few dents and dings due to a run away shopping cart or an inconsiderate parking lot neighbor. JEEP should have a sturdier metal - at least adequate metal especially on the doors and hood. STOP with the torturous back seats.