1995 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
'95 Jeep Country
By pweimar on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Great fun vehicle for on or off road. Great pulling power for size

Goes the distance
By jsb on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

My Cherokee has 181,000 miles on it and has been one of the very best vehicles I have ever owned. Besides regular oil changes and tires it has had 3 front brake jobs, 1 rear brake job, replaced the airconditioning condensor and radiator, 2 exhaust systems, 1 set of front axel universal joints and a couple of batteries. You couldn't ask for better. It handles great, is just super in bad weather with the 4WD and has never let me down.

my 1st.4x4
By yank on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I like my jeep cherokee for its low maintainence costs and reliability,however, its a very tireing vehicle on long trips.It handles very well in adverse weather conditions.I now have 126000 mi. and still going strong. It has been serviced as specified in the owners manual.This is only my second set of tires.Never had a front end problem or any major repairs. Back seats hard to manage for older people,also not a smooth riding vehicle Never did any off road driving with this car..

By Tony Montana on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

140,000 miles and only a few problems. An engine mount broke. Easy to find parts and fun to soop up. 3 inch lift kit runs about $300. The back seats can be removed or folded down for additional room. Does good in mud and on snow.

Peppy performer
By MPcuse1 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Does a variety of things well,off-road lousy weather, haul stuff. Appreciate the get up and go. Have had some repair work done, breaks(constantly), radiator and various sensors. Overall satisfied considering how hard I abuse it sometimes.

Owner
By Earl Ashby on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

1995 Jeep 4wd. Purchased used with 100,000 miles. Now have 132,000 miles. Have had to replace rotor cap button, spark plugs, oxygen and crank sensor at 128,000 miles. I have been very pleased with its performance and low maintenance. Previous owner ( next door neighbor ) also had low maintenance record. He had jeep approximatey 70,000 miles.

95 Jeep SE 4D 4WD has been very reliable
By JD Green on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

170,000 miles. The only non-routine maintenance problem was a sheared engine mount bolt at about 120,000 miles. There have otherwise been no mechanical problems. Not even the clutch has failed.

Cherokee Country 4WD/ABS
By weidem on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Convenience & vehicle utility are what this small to midsize family workhorse important. Whether you mean to go offroad or stay on, this vehicle serves an economical family's needs for safety, fun, and small truck type needs. It made me appreciate backroads, where I can get away from the stressful highways where the "Consumer Report BestBuys" clog the road. I tend to get where I'm going in the same time or better anyway, but with a smile on my face. Our kids would much rather ride in this than a sedan, because even they can see the view better.

cheap drive train
By jjsilber on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We were so lucky that we purchased an extended warranty because with 74,500 miles on the car (500 on the warranty) the transfer case broke. Apparently, Jeep used a cheaper metal for a few years to save some $; transfer case problems are quite common for this year.

Stisfied
By steverin on 03/13/02 23:43 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I simply wanted a 4wd that would be able to safely traverse logging roads, ice/snow and has lots of after-market support. I found all of this in the cherokee.