Used 1995 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Reliable, good fun
By GA_Jeep_Owner

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this from friends with 160K miles on truck. It replaced my 1995 AWD Subaru Legacy. I love the additional room, power (and pickup) and the ability to haul anything I want anywhere (boats, kids, dogs, etc.). I found out that hard way that rear wheel drive does not handle like Subaru AWD - I hydroplaned off the highway backwards. Fortunately, Jeep durability and four wheel drive got me back up on the road in no time. Other than the handling characteristics learning curve, this is one of the best vehicle I have owned - new or used.

Ride height, nice seats, four wheel drive, towing capacity and interior room. Highway mileage of 22 mpg - relatively close to my old Subaru's 26 mpg. Great pickup and acceleration. Respect from other drivers. Easy to fix everything (almost) myself.

This is a moot point, but road noise, city mpg, no interior lights turn on when back doors open.

Great find
By JoeSmoe

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought mine from a friend for $2000. It had 113K on it and I was only planning to keep it a year. 40K miles later, I'm still driving it to work every day with no problems. Only had to replace the water pump. It's been a great car.

Reliability.

Noisy at highway speeds. Gas mileage.

Can't Beat it! Love it!
By Stephanie, LI, NY

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

This was my first new car at the age of 30. I have never had a problem with this vehicle with the exception of normal wear and tear. This Jeep has plenty of power and great style. I have been looking for a new SUV for the last month; not because I want to get rid of my Jeep, but because my son is getting his license and he needs a dependable vehicle. I wish they still made this model because I would buy another one today. It is never going to be out of style. There will never be a comparable replacement for my Jeep. I miss it already even though it will still be in the family.

Excellent acceleration, dependable for long trips, handles difficult road conditions with ease, 4WD capability cannot be beat. The Best!

Start making the Jeep Cherokee again. I need a new SUV that I can depend on.

Wonderful.
By Brad Pullins

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I have the 4Dr 2WD speed. I bought it when I turned 16 and it has been the best vehicle as far as reliability I've ever seen. I bought it with 128k in '02 and now, in '05, I have 172k on it. Oil leaks a little, but that is expected for a 10 year old car.

The inline 6 cylinder 4.0 engine pumps out plenty of power to pull anything. The cabin is perfect for a sound system, due to the fact that it is all open! I have a 2600 watt system now in the back.

Better gas mileage. I get about 18.5mpg on the highway. Make sure you have a strong tow hitch to prevent someone busting your gas tank if you get rear-ended.

It's been a great car for 9 years
By kacy

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I was 20 years old when I bought my Cherokee brand new. It has been a wonderful car. It has been all over California on all kinds of road trips. I am now 29 years old and it has 165,000 miles I am selling it, not because I am tired of it or have had any problems, but it is just time for a new car. I will probably get emotional when I see it go. My dad was worried when I bought it that it would not be dependable but he has loved it and doesn't want to see me let it go either. Thanks Jeep, it's been wonderful!!!!

I always loved the square body of it and it is very comfortable to drive.

The back seat could have had more room.