Used 1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Happy with 95 Cherokee
By MIKE

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

In the years I've owned this vehicle it has seen every type of terrain and weather. It has towed a 4000 lb boat everywhere. It holds kids pets and luggage with ease. It has yet to ever get stuck or have difficulty. The 4.0 engine is more than enough power. It's a shame they don't make vehicles like this anymore

Flawless 4WD system.

Cup holders would be nice.

Great Car
By Jill from LI

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first car and was purchased from a family friend about two years ago. It is extremely low maintenance so far, with the exception of the gas! I get about 15 mpg but lately it seems much lower. However, despite the $3.50 gas prices and my very low income, I refuse to buy anything but a Jeep Cherokee and I wish that they didn't stop making them. This car is extremely fun to drive, very roomy, excellent trunk space. I have had no problems with this 11 year old car except to replace the rear brake line in the winter of 2004 because I had been driving over so many snow banks and created a leak in it. Besides that I plan to use this car for as long as I can. I'm up to 112,000 miles and going strong!

4WD, classic Jeep look, utility, responsive steering, size, performance, great pick up, and more!

Better mpg!

LOVE IT!
By Angie

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Got this car for a great price-$1600. Interior was pretty bad but put on seat covers and not too bad now. Replaced water pump, needs new tires, replaced very minor items such as light bulb for gear shift, and new lighter (gotta have dvd player hooked up for the kids on long trips:), rear windshield wiper -- all easy to fix. Took it in for an oil change and guy was very impressed with how good everything looked -- does not leak oil at all!

Driver and passenger seats are very comfortable -- just sold a 2004 Santa Fe (Hyundai) and those seats were not comfortable! Has a lot of power and I love having an older vehicle and not worrying about door dings and hail damage -- which just occurred. :)

Wish back seat bench had head rests -- not safe for kids unless they have a booster seat with a back, rides rough and wish it had a cd player.

Fun Rig
By Cherokee Country

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

My grandparents and I went 50/50 in buying the Cherokee Country. I'm 17 and got it last year for my first vehicle. I am absolutely in love with it. It gets me from point A to point B and I love the look and the comfort of it. I'm only 5'3" so I fit perfect inside it. It's fun to take off road and nice enough to take out for a night on the town. I was in love the minute I set my eyes on it.

Color/size/4.0L engine.

True utility and reliability
By Ben

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been my only car for 6 years, bought it in '99 with 60k on it, now it is nearing 150k. Never regretted the purchase. Driven across the country twice pulling a trailer. Survived 2 Boston winters. All problems have been minor (water pump, thermostat, radiator). Not the most luxurious vehicle, bumpy ride, but it cruises on the freeway and gets good mileage for an SUV with 4WD. Biggest problem was a broken lower mounting bolt. It had to be drilled and was fairly expensive. This happened around 95k. Also, there was a brake recall for cars sold in the Salt Belt, though since my car was originally sold in California the recall was not honored.

Reliability. Easy to fix. Utility, can tow and can cram a lot into the back. Ride is great for long trips. Good power for passing.

Road and wind noise. Engine vibration. rear leg room. Really, many of these things are to be expected. It's a Jeep, not a Lexus. Hard to beat for the price, in my opinion.