Used 1995 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

I got a "Wednesday car"
By Mary Kohrs

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

Except for my '77 Camaro which lasted 15 years and over 100,000 miles, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. What doesn't hurt is that my son is a master mechanic. He predicts it will last 250,000 miles. In 14 years I've only replaced a water cooler, an AC compressor, and an oil seal, and am on my 11-year old Bridgestone tires (another son). Had vent windows installed, which I consider a necessity. Except for a few parking lot scratches, it is in mint condition inside and out. Has factory radio with cassette player.

Riding high above low-slung cars stalled in Tampa's flooded streets. My husband couldn't get to work one morning in his Buick and had to come back home to borrow my Jeep LOL

None, except that I was appalled that Jeep chose to axe the production of the Jeep Sport and Jeep Country in favor of the idiotic Liberty. However, I'm impressed by the Commander.

Some things you love like to bite you
By Braz

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I had this vehicle for a little more than 4 years. I loved to drive it, although gas was a bit less back then. I had to break down and trade because, first the door nearly fell off, I had 2 oil leaks that were fairly costly ($500 total) the hatch leaked so badly that it would pour the rain inside. I would probably get an average of 19-21 +- mpg. I would have liked a heads up before I bought it.

power, visibility, fun

Little late now. It's '08

Love My Jeep!
By Love My Jeep

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the second owner of my jeep and I have loved putting every kilometer on it. It has been reliable and fun to drive. My friends and I love tailgating and off-roading in it; it will be a sad day when it bites the dust. I have pulled friends out of the strangest places and the jeep doesn't even flinch, an excellent workhorse. Besides fuel efficiency, long trips are comfortable. We've towed 17' campers without a hitch. Can't go wrong with this one!

Cup holders, convenient pull handle for switching into 4-by, fold flat rear seat makes it easy to load appliances

Getting into the back seat requires pretzel-like bending if you are over 5' tall. Once the body starts to go with rust, it spreads like wildfire. Undercoating is highly recommended.

Really Fun Car
By Pimpin_Braden06

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

The car is an over all fun car but lacks on the fuel economy. if you just drive to and from work it is good but driving around all the time not a very good car.

I think the whole car is pretty sweet.

m per g

I love this Jeep
By luvmyjeep513

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep was originally my parents, and when I got my lisence 8 months ago it became mine. Since then, it has seen the trails almost more than it has seen the road. The performance off- road for this jeep stock is simply amazing, I could say I've never gotten it stuck. The car takes me 30 miles to work each day, yet still proves amazing on the trails almost every sunday. Overall, it is extremely reliable and the h.o. 4.0L I6 gives tremendous acceleration and power for when I need it. Lifting and modifying this vehicle for the trails couldn't be easier, I have lifted the suspension 3.5" and put 31" mud- terrains on it. This Jeep will have to die before I get rid of it.

The 4WD, reliability of the engine and strength of the drivetrain, dana axles, smooth on road ride, big enough for friends, great for camping and going on trips

Cup holders, gas mileage,