1995 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Happy with 95 Cherokee
By MIKE on 08/05/06 11:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

In the years I've owned this vehicle it has seen every type of terrain and weather. It has towed a 4000 lb boat everywhere. It holds kids pets and luggage with ease. It has yet to ever get stuck or have difficulty. The 4.0 engine is more than enough power. It's a shame they don't make vehicles like this anymore

Great Car
By Jill from LI on 05/23/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first car and was purchased from a family friend about two years ago. It is extremely low maintenance so far, with the exception of the gas! I get about 15 mpg but lately it seems much lower. However, despite the $3.50 gas prices and my very low income, I refuse to buy anything but a Jeep Cherokee and I wish that they didn't stop making them. This car is extremely fun to drive, very roomy, excellent trunk space. I have had no problems with this 11 year old car except to replace the rear brake line in the winter of 2004 because I had been driving over so many snow banks and created a leak in it. Besides that I plan to use this car for as long as I can. I'm up to 112,000 miles and going strong!

LOVE IT!
By Angie on 03/15/06 17:36 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Got this car for a great price-$1600. Interior was pretty bad but put on seat covers and not too bad now. Replaced water pump, needs new tires, replaced very minor items such as light bulb for gear shift, and new lighter (gotta have dvd player hooked up for the kids on long trips:), rear windshield wiper -- all easy to fix. Took it in for an oil change and guy was very impressed with how good everything looked -- does not leak oil at all!

Fun Rig
By Cherokee Country on 02/04/06 21:14 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

My grandparents and I went 50/50 in buying the Cherokee Country. I'm 17 and got it last year for my first vehicle. I am absolutely in love with it. It gets me from point A to point B and I love the look and the comfort of it. I'm only 5'3" so I fit perfect inside it. It's fun to take off road and nice enough to take out for a night on the town. I was in love the minute I set my eyes on it.

True utility and reliability
By Ben on 12/30/05 14:28 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been my only car for 6 years, bought it in '99 with 60k on it, now it is nearing 150k. Never regretted the purchase. Driven across the country twice pulling a trailer. Survived 2 Boston winters. All problems have been minor (water pump, thermostat, radiator). Not the most luxurious vehicle, bumpy ride, but it cruises on the freeway and gets good mileage for an SUV with 4WD. Biggest problem was a broken lower mounting bolt. It had to be drilled and was fairly expensive. This happened around 95k. Also, there was a brake recall for cars sold in the Salt Belt, though since my car was originally sold in California the recall was not honored.

Reliable, good fun
By GA_Jeep_Owner on 10/24/05 14:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this from friends with 160K miles on truck. It replaced my 1995 AWD Subaru Legacy. I love the additional room, power (and pickup) and the ability to haul anything I want anywhere (boats, kids, dogs, etc.). I found out that hard way that rear wheel drive does not handle like Subaru AWD - I hydroplaned off the highway backwards. Fortunately, Jeep durability and four wheel drive got me back up on the road in no time. Other than the handling characteristics learning curve, this is one of the best vehicle I have owned - new or used.

Great find
By JoeSmoe on 10/20/05 22:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought mine from a friend for $2000. It had 113K on it and I was only planning to keep it a year. 40K miles later, I'm still driving it to work every day with no problems. Only had to replace the water pump. It's been a great car.

Can't Beat it! Love it!
By Stephanie, LI, NY on 08/07/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

This was my first new car at the age of 30. I have never had a problem with this vehicle with the exception of normal wear and tear. This Jeep has plenty of power and great style. I have been looking for a new SUV for the last month; not because I want to get rid of my Jeep, but because my son is getting his license and he needs a dependable vehicle. I wish they still made this model because I would buy another one today. It is never going to be out of style. There will never be a comparable replacement for my Jeep. I miss it already even though it will still be in the family.

Wonderful.
By Brad Pullins on 07/26/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I have the 4Dr 2WD speed. I bought it when I turned 16 and it has been the best vehicle as far as reliability I've ever seen. I bought it with 128k in '02 and now, in '05, I have 172k on it. Oil leaks a little, but that is expected for a 10 year old car.

It's been a great car for 9 years
By kacy on 11/14/04 03:37 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I was 20 years old when I bought my Cherokee brand new. It has been a wonderful car. It has been all over California on all kinds of road trips. I am now 29 years old and it has 165,000 miles I am selling it, not because I am tired of it or have had any problems, but it is just time for a new car. I will probably get emotional when I see it go. My dad was worried when I bought it that it would not be dependable but he has loved it and doesn't want to see me let it go either. Thanks Jeep, it's been wonderful!!!!