1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
I got a "Wednesday car"
By Mary Kohrs on 08/09/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

Except for my '77 Camaro which lasted 15 years and over 100,000 miles, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. What doesn't hurt is that my son is a master mechanic. He predicts it will last 250,000 miles. In 14 years I've only replaced a water cooler, an AC compressor, and an oil seal, and am on my 11-year old Bridgestone tires (another son). Had vent windows installed, which I consider a necessity. Except for a few parking lot scratches, it is in mint condition inside and out. Has factory radio with cassette player.

Some things you love like to bite you
By Braz on 06/12/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I had this vehicle for a little more than 4 years. I loved to drive it, although gas was a bit less back then. I had to break down and trade because, first the door nearly fell off, I had 2 oil leaks that were fairly costly ($500 total) the hatch leaked so badly that it would pour the rain inside. I would probably get an average of 19-21 +- mpg. I would have liked a heads up before I bought it.

Love My Jeep!
By Love My Jeep on 04/28/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I am the second owner of my jeep and I have loved putting every kilometer on it. It has been reliable and fun to drive. My friends and I love tailgating and off-roading in it; it will be a sad day when it bites the dust. I have pulled friends out of the strangest places and the jeep doesn't even flinch, an excellent workhorse. Besides fuel efficiency, long trips are comfortable. We've towed 17' campers without a hitch. Can't go wrong with this one!

Really Fun Car
By Pimpin_Braden06 on 03/17/08 04:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

The car is an over all fun car but lacks on the fuel economy. if you just drive to and from work it is good but driving around all the time not a very good car.

I love this Jeep
By luvmyjeep513 on 03/04/08 21:53 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep was originally my parents, and when I got my lisence 8 months ago it became mine. Since then, it has seen the trails almost more than it has seen the road. The performance off- road for this jeep stock is simply amazing, I could say I've never gotten it stuck. The car takes me 30 miles to work each day, yet still proves amazing on the trails almost every sunday. Overall, it is extremely reliable and the h.o. 4.0L I6 gives tremendous acceleration and power for when I need it. Lifting and modifying this vehicle for the trails couldn't be easier, I have lifted the suspension 3.5" and put 31" mud- terrains on it. This Jeep will have to die before I get rid of it.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By ace on 09/12/07 21:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Was one of two vehicles left on our lot before we closed the business and I was useing it myself during the winter months. Found it was a one owner vehicle and I decided to buy it as my personal vehicle. Loved how it handled poor weather conditions and felt very safe. Loved the style, power, and handling. Great vehicle for the price. Leaks oil from rear main, typical of the 4.0 Liter engine.140,000 miles and runs great! Hope to have this one for life!

I love this Jeep
By Rachel on 08/20/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this car for 7 years, it has been great. I have had to do some repairs and it leaks oil from somewhere we can't find, but I love it. Recently (at 170000 mi) I have had to replace the shocks, which were original. I have had to put on one set of tires, and replace most of gaskets/seals and it still leaks. It gets beans for gas mileage (usually 15- 17 mpg) but it still drives great. It has great power and reliablity. And I love how much stuff I can fit in it.

Fun while it lasted
By Heidi on 07/05/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car used right out of college with only 60,000 miles on it (have owned it three years). Was great fun to drive and I liked that it was a car with personality but unfortunatly it kept on breaking down. I sunk just as much money into repairs (door fell off, other door was falling off, leaked oil, cracked everything, yada yada). Finally it just broke down on me and I am forced to get a new car as this one just is not worth it. Was a good, fun cheap car while it lasted but I would not recommend buying it today to anyone.

I did all right and still got burned
By TC on 12/02/06 07:33 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep thoroughly. I kept my Jeepster in pristine shape inside and out. You could literally eat off the floors and or hood. Within 8 years of ownership I had an oil leak where dropping the tranny became a necessary fix costing me $800 - and from there it mechanically went downhill FAST. The radiator, water pump and finally the rod bearings. The rod bearings would cost me a remanfacturered engine at a cost of $2000 + labor. The dealership here in Central Florida said $4300 and I said see ya. I had to figure if it was worth the time and money. The Jeep value being ONLY $3300. I loved my Jeep! Yet if I fix it what would the possibilities be of something else going wrong, like the A/C?

The best car for the money
By Doug on 11/19/06 08:34 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased two Jeep Cherokee County's back in 1995. One for myself, then my wife liked it so much the next week we went down and purchased one more. :) There have been no major problems on either one to date. I have changed the water pump on both Jeeps at about 120k miles. One of the Jeeps now has about 190k miles on it and the other has 145k miles. Both still run great, and I change the oil only once a year whether the Jeeps need it or not hahaha. These cars have both been used for daily driving as well as off road fun, driving in snowy weather for skiing (which I do quite often), hauling my boat, hauling wood out of the forest for my cabin, and a lot of other general abuse.