1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
If they still made these, I would BUY 1
By cringle on 03/19/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

It is with great sadness that I have finally, after over a decade and some 185k miles, come to realize that my Country has finally reached the point of economic infeasibility. Bought gently used in '98 (only 28k mi in 3 yrs, car was spotless throughout, thank you 1st owner). Car was very reliable over the first 10 years of ownership. It is only now that it is beginning to fall apart. Engine, Tranny still original and still doing just fine, which is huge. I'd say the cooling system was the only component that was less reliable than you'd want. Everything else exceeded expectations.

good jeep
By slunsford on 07/30/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I bought my 1995 Jeep Cherokee from my boyfriend a couple of years ago, after he had it for about 3 years. It currently has 237000 miles and still running strong. We have had to replace minor tings along the way, such as, battery, hoses, maybe the water pump (cant remember for sure because Ive had a lot of jeeps!). It leaks a little bit of oil, but I could get that fixed, I just havent yet. Everyday I get in to ride, I wonder how it is still holding on, but the engine is STRONG! Never had ANY transmission problems, shifts fine! My car does have body damage that I have chose not to fix, but that does not affect the way she drives so Im fine with it!

I got a "Wednesday car"
By Mary Kohrs on 08/09/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

Except for my '77 Camaro which lasted 15 years and over 100,000 miles, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. What doesn't hurt is that my son is a master mechanic. He predicts it will last 250,000 miles. In 14 years I've only replaced a water cooler, an AC compressor, and an oil seal, and am on my 11-year old Bridgestone tires (another son). Had vent windows installed, which I consider a necessity. Except for a few parking lot scratches, it is in mint condition inside and out. Has factory radio with cassette player.

I did all right and still got burned
By TC on 12/02/06 07:33 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep thoroughly. I kept my Jeepster in pristine shape inside and out. You could literally eat off the floors and or hood. Within 8 years of ownership I had an oil leak where dropping the tranny became a necessary fix costing me $800 - and from there it mechanically went downhill FAST. The radiator, water pump and finally the rod bearings. The rod bearings would cost me a remanfacturered engine at a cost of $2000 + labor. The dealership here in Central Florida said $4300 and I said see ya. I had to figure if it was worth the time and money. The Jeep value being ONLY $3300. I loved my Jeep! Yet if I fix it what would the possibilities be of something else going wrong, like the A/C?

Love It!
By None Given on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV not because i was attracted to the vehicle, but because i have four friends with cherokees, and they are all satisfied witht he vehicle. none of them have had any major problems with their Jeeps, and i got mine at a steal. i bought mine with 75000 miles on it, it is a '95, and in near perfect condition. i can easily see this car lasting for another 75000 miles.

Love our Country!
By DonJuanovan on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

Bought our Jeep two years ago from the original owners who were selling it because they bought a new Cherokee (2001 was the last year they made 'em). We have 80K on our Jeep and have had a few problems (waterpump, brakes, broken motor mount) but nothing out of the ordinary. It's a great vehicle, very handy and I think, sharp looking. Ours is red over silver. The ride is quite rough but hey, it's a Jeep right?