Used 1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

the best jeep 4.0L
By DAVID RIVERS

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I have my 4.0L auto 4x4 jeep for 10 years. Its one of the Best rig I ever owned!! It's now old and little paint fade and some use..but this Jeep is great!! Bought it at 79k miles on it It now has 257k miles on it and not one problem... Just normal ware, keep the maintenance up top...never over heats.. And all ways..All Ways starts! Drive from the Bay Area to Tahoe and Oregon and Nevada...now working in Texas...it just keeps going n going.. Not the best front seats...Americans can't make a great seat...??? But with my yakama racks and station wagon like back end...it's a great 4x4 for way out...camping or exploring rig. I love this SUV I did some light mod on porformance for engine and gain horsepower and even a little Real..time MPG to..like on freeway 2-3 gain in miles per gallon. It has one of the Best inline 6 engines and very Very..reliable period. even when station in the middle east...and Europe I've own 2 of these 4.0L cherokee, it's the REAL best SUV 4x4 in the world.

Work Horse
By jeepfan67

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

This is the 5th Cherokee I've had.
I pulled this one out of a swamp, 3 feet of muddy water, left there for about 6 months.
Had about 5 gallons of water in the engine.
Engine was stuck.
Unstuck the motor with PB Blaster and patience, replaced ALL the relays, alternator, starter, radiator, numerous other stuff.
Runs like a champ now.
No smoke, no knocks, very powerful and spiffy, the way they should be.
Only problem now seems to be the speed sensor, it's not shifting down properly and check engine light is on.
Will fix this week.
Oh, btw, the AC is ICE cold!

Easy to work on, good MPG (I get 20 with the 2wd) classic style, goes anywhere I want!

Nothing, they don't make them anymore.

300,000 And Still Chugging Alone!
By tabonifacio_95

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV

Own a Black 1995 Jeep Cherokee, Two Door, 2WD with the 5 Speed Manual Transmission. Absolutely fantastic of a truck! Been a California vehicle since day one. Love every minute driving in it, love putting every mile on it. Fun to drive, no major repairs, do yoursef a favor if you buy one...Don't be a jerk and not do any expensive repairs, Because these things DO LAST. If you take care of your Jeep, Your Jeep will take care of you. It's a fact in Jeep's world.

*ITS A JEEP THING*

Roomy, Superior Attitude on the Road, Great Build Quality, Sturdy, Un-Killable 4.0 Litre Engine, they last FOREVER.

The bumper caps fall off easily, Was driving mine down the highway at 80 MPH and the bumper cap flew off and hit another drivers windshield...Eh it's alright it was a Honda. LMAO

First Vehicle
By Geoff

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Ok so I live in Alaska and this was my first vehicle. I bought it when I was 16 and it already had 80k miles on it. Now it has 136k and I didn't have a single problem until about 120k. My Jeep is a 2dr se with 4wd and it is a manual transmission. The transmission started to have shifting problems at 120k and I drove it until I absolutly had to fix it. It lasted 10k miles on a broken transmission and clutch. I changed the clutch flywheel and transmission at 130k then the front axel at 131k. Other than that all I have had to do was change the water pump once and the thermometer once. This Jeep is amazing and I am not getting rid of it unless the wheels fall. Love this Jeep!

Manual Transmission was the reason I bought this Jeep. Love the 2door look. Still completely stock but soon to come are the 3 3's (3 inch lift and 33 inch BF goods all-terrains)

No cup holders up front unless you buy the piece that screws into your center console... but then you cant use your e-brake. The inside door handles broke off so instead of finding new ones i just bolted string to the doors to use as handles.

If they still made these, I would BUY 1
By cringle

1995 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

It is with great sadness that I have finally, after over a decade and some 185k miles, come to realize that my Country has finally reached the point of economic infeasibility. Bought gently used in '98 (only 28k mi in 3 yrs, car was spotless throughout, thank you 1st owner). Car was very reliable over the first 10 years of ownership. It is only now that it is beginning to fall apart. Engine, Tranny still original and still doing just fine, which is huge. I'd say the cooling system was the only component that was less reliable than you'd want. Everything else exceeded expectations.

Bring back the Cherokee.