Used 1994 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Jeep Cherokee
By Wapiti

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Excellent thru snow and on ice.

Favorite Features

4WD

Teen-age sons wants my 9-year-old Jeep
By SURE-WIN

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

Bought my Jeep new and drove 50,000 mi first 2 years with no major problem. The ride is rough and power is excessive for regular on-road driving. Gas consumption averages about 15-16 city and not much higher on the highway. My Jeep is spartan and the only feature I had the dealer install after market was a cruise control for about $90 then. Exterior is durable - hit deer twice, backed into wall - except for minor work bumper and finish are fantastic. My Jeep has been outstanding since day 1 now my son wants to keep it for when he gets his license.

Favorite Features

I like the raw power it supplies when accelerating and passing. Has good visibility all around. Back seat folds flat to provide plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve the comfort of the ride and fuel efficiency. The clip-on beverage holder easily popped out and eventually just broke off. Back seats need headrests or support.

A reliable off-roader, despite the rep.
By rinnerin

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep in March 2000 with 75,000 miles on it. I have not had to repair anything except for the usual, brakes, belts, etc. The 2 door model has better visibility but is harder to get into the back seat. I have taken it off-road in different environments numerous times and it is so much fun! My stock Cherokee can easily keep up with my friend's lifted 4Runner. The ride is nicer off-road in 4L than on the highway in 2wd. I love the utilitarianism of the Cherokee, and it has been a fantastic vehicle.

Favorite Features

I can go anywhere! The manual transmission is great in 4L.

Suggested Improvements

Need cup-holders, wish the manual tranny could tow more weight. The 2 door is hard to get in and out of.

well
By frost

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my cherokee used about a year ago with only 28K on the engine. I've had some minor interior problems: seatbelt getting caught in the door, som cracked plastic pannels, rips in the vinal. I would be getting about 2o mpg, but I have a slow fuel leak that lowers it to about 14. Gas is expensive, but it is fun to drive and I wouldn't drive anything else.

Favorite Features

Working AC, powerful I6 engine, leg room, off raod capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if it had a center consol, i just ordered one from tuffy. better made intierior.

haw met or exceeded needs
By mdwebneck

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

has a lot of get-up-and-go power I have gotten an average of 20mpg with a high of 24mpg on a road trip and a low between 15 - 16 when using the 4wheel drive in snow. It's a dirty shame that JEEP discontinued this very popular model

Favorite Features

because of the extremely small turning radius, I can make a U-turn inside two lanes

Suggested Improvements

make the seat belt retraction a bit more aggresive ; existing belt is always getting stuck in door because it doesn't retract quickly enough