1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Can't beat it!
By Aaron on 06/03/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Can't say enough good things about the Jeep Cherokee. This is the 2nd one I've owned. After 233,000 miles this thing still has enough power to get your blood moving! The tranny and the t-case are still in great working order. Coupled with a set of bfg all terrains, it's pretty much unstoppable. It's been reliable, safe, and comfy. The a/c still works too! Jeep should have never dropped this design. The liberty, compass, and the like are nothing more than fancy Jeep look-a-like station wagons. Long live the xj!

Many miles - cheaper than new
By Gary S on 09/21/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the Jeep at 175k and now 240k. Blew the transfer case chain at 220k. Getting some oil consumption now, 1qt every 1k (acceptable). Starts fine, runs great, no leaks, general maintenance done and love the vehicle. Body in good shape, considering new motor and trans rebuild when necessary. Sorry, keep your cash for this clunker!

They dont make them like they used to...
By rjfster on 11/11/08 13:41 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV

For an suv that has 235,000 miles on it, this thing is amazing. I bought it in June for $250 from a co-workers family member. In total i put about $1000 worth of work into it, 4 new tires, fuel pump, catalytic converter, brakes and tranny output seal. This thing is fast, it blows away my friend's explorer, and gives a Ford Probe and Honda Civic a run for its money. Steering is a little loose, but what do you expect for a truck that has that sort of mileage and is 14 years old. My only regret to it is not having 4x4. I have had it packed to the gills with equipment, and you barely notice its there. Lot of power superior reliability!

Amazing
By Geoff on 09/13/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 260,000 miles on it in Florida and put 5000 miles on it with no issues. Usual maintenance for it but other than that, best car i have owned, never lets me down. Love having 4x4 and everything but the stereo setup and comfort of driving it is the best part about it.

Most Fun Ive Had In A Truck
By cherokeeguy94 on 08/16/08 23:51 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I love my jeep. I go out of my way to drive through puddles and over objects now with this thing. You cant help but to have fun with this vehicle. Almost seems like a giant toy. I'm upset only because I purchased it in Alaska and the road salt ate my floor pan away pretty much but theres nothing I could do about that until I find a new body. It's definitely a project vehicle from the condition I bought it in but everything seems extremely easy to work on so far. I just love it.

New Jeep fan
By Tony on 04/15/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Just bought my used Jeep recently and I love it. I'm a new jeep fan! I heard these SUVs aren't great but I love the box design and it beats my previous '92 olds cutlass hands down. I haven't had any problems but I haven't had it very long.

Strongest 4 letter word
By Jeepman on 06/25/06 16:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

When there's only one, there's only one. JEEP! I've had mine a little over a year now. Bought it with 153K now at 180K. I love it. The reliability, 4WD, rear locker, all awesome. Way better than the new junk put out by Mercedes (DCC). My XJ will out 4wheel any new Grand Cherokee or Liberty out there! Even with a busted radiator, front output seal and cheap tires. DCC should have never replaced this beauty with that junk Liberty. But after 17 years of awesomeness I guess you have to modernize. But DCC just should have stopped production and not "replaced" it because you cant replace the love us 4 wheelers have for the XJ.

What a Beast !!!
By aaronkerkhoff on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 2dr SUV

I bought this Jeep from my dad who owned it for two years. I drove it all through college, took it on road trips, and did everything else imaginable to it. No major problems at all. I put a 2inch lift on it for mainly cosmetic reasons, replaced the radiator ( it still runs really hot), and pretty much just regular maintenance. The body is beginning to rust near the tailpipe, and some paint is starting to fade/bubble/peel. I'm down to only getting about 13mi/gallon. But hey, just more character for the Jeep.

worth the $$
By ilovejeep on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV

I bought my jeep from my father after I got tired of sending each paycheck to the mechanic to fix my volvo. 80,000 miles later, I can't believe it hasn't had any problems. I replaced a water pump two years ago and haven't done anything beyond regular maintenance since then (now it has 150k). The ride is very rough, but what you'd expect for an SUV. Don't get 2WD if you can help it - handles just awful in inclement weather with no weight in the back to keep it from fishtailing. Otherwise, it's been dependable, good for towing and moving stuff, gas mileage not too bad.

Still running strong after nearly yrs
By boston0259 on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I have owned this vehicle since August 1994 when I purchased it brand new. Even today, closing in on ten years later, it is still running strong. I have had very few problems with this Jeep. I have replaced the water pump, radiator, and a main seal, as well as managing normal maintenance such as oil changes and tires. Money for this Jeep was very well spent. To compare, this Jeep has 197,500 miles on it. I also own a 2001 Dodge Durango R/T, a really awesome vehicle. However, the Jeep is my daily driver. I depend upon it for nearly every drive work or to the store. I just let the Durango sit and run this Jeep until it drops, and I don't know when that'll be.