1994 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
They dont make them like they used to...
By rjfster on 11/11/08 13:41 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

For an suv that has 235,000 miles on it, this thing is amazing. I bought it in June for $250 from a co-workers family member. In total i put about $1000 worth of work into it, 4 new tires, fuel pump, catalytic converter, brakes and tranny output seal. This thing is fast, it blows away my friend's explorer, and gives a Ford Probe and Honda Civic a run for its money. Steering is a little loose, but what do you expect for a truck that has that sort of mileage and is 14 years old. My only regret to it is not having 4x4. I have had it packed to the gills with equipment, and you barely notice its there. Lot of power superior reliability!

worth the $$
By ilovejeep on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

I bought my jeep from my father after I got tired of sending each paycheck to the mechanic to fix my volvo. 80,000 miles later, I can't believe it hasn't had any problems. I replaced a water pump two years ago and haven't done anything beyond regular maintenance since then (now it has 150k). The ride is very rough, but what you'd expect for an SUV. Don't get 2WD if you can help it - handles just awful in inclement weather with no weight in the back to keep it from fishtailing. Otherwise, it's been dependable, good for towing and moving stuff, gas mileage not too bad.