Used 1993 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

1993 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Can't go wrong...
By MOSKIR

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Cherokee in 99, my second. The first went 237K before being totaled, still ran great though. This one has 158K, looks and runs great, only significant problem in 5 years was replacing the radiator. Decently maintained these things will run forever. Our 17 year old babysitter is buying it, should get her through high school AND college.

Favorite Features

Reliability, always liked the looks, even over the Grand Cherokee.

Suggested Improvements

A little late for this but, back seat room is tighter than some others I've been in. Wife says "it rides like a truck", oh wait, it IS a truck.

Rocky start, but worth it
By Rick T from Houston

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

Got mine used with 45K miles; at 50K, I had to put a new transmission in it. Since then, it has been great... 150K miles and it cranks right up. I have to drive it like a maniac in the Houston traffic, and it has held up well. The inline 6 has great acceleration, and its size allows easy maneuverability. Also, have taken 10 or so trips from east Texas to middle Georgia over the past seven years... never had a problem.

Favorite Features

Classic look. Great acceleration. Size. Easy to maintain. Dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Better cooling system - in hot weather while idle, temp gauge crawls up close to orange. Had radiator replaced at 75K miles, which helps a little. Better door hinges - had driver's side rewelded to the body at around 100K

Great Vehicle
By JeepCherokee

1993 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV

I have owned my 1993 Cherokee for 11 years now. I am the original owner and bought it brand new. I have not had ANY problems with this vehicle outside of normal maintenance, wear, and tear. I have replaced brakes and a clutch. I used this vehicle to read electric meters for five years in rural parts of Florida. The only reason I am selling it now is because my wife just bought a Yukon and I am taking her Explorer. The only comlaint I have is that the airconditioning for this vehicle was not adequate. I have the four cylinder model and I guess the small compressor was due to that set up.

Favorite Features

Space and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Air Conditioning

Good Friend
By Alan N. Trent

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been an exceptionally dependable car....has always started... used the 4WD several winters....would buy another....and will do that!

Favorite Features

flexibility--hauled dog..hauled mother- in-law...hauled groceries.

Suggested Improvements

Never used for long trips but probably would be uncomfortable due to small interior.

Seminole Ride
By dukes_daddy

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

One of the most reliable vehicles I have every owned. 150,000 miles and doesn't use a drop of oil. I have replaced the water pump once and the battery twice. Very strong for a in- line six.

Favorite Features

Easy to work on. Nothing complicated.

Suggested Improvements

The door hinges. Both door hinges were re-welded to the body. Under factory bulletin.