1993 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
perfect jeep
By shawnk on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

this is the 5th jeep vehicle i have had and by far it is the best all around 4 wheel drive i have owned. i have tried the cj's, full sized jeeps an trucks, and this xj now has 110,000 miles and has never given me any trouble. it is roomy enough for the family and i yet small enough to take anywhere i decide to go and there has never been a concern about its off-road ability. awesome wheeling!!

love it
By jp1 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee 2dr SUV

we bought it in 93 we have driven it from florida to where we live now in utah and every month we drive to wendover, NV and the thing has never been in the shop a month ago we changed the transmission fluid we realized that that was the first time it had ever been changed. it gets the best gasmiliage we have the 2wd with the 4.0 inline 6 we love it!!! joseph 9-24-03

170K miles and going strong
By millsap2 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Jeep with 72K miles on it 5.5 years ago. Since, I have put 100K additional miles on with ZERO major mechanical problems. Just normal maintainance. The power locks have stopped working and the windows only work from the drivers door, but no big loss. Starts every time I turn the key and goes right on down the road. I would purchase another Jeep in a heartbeat if they would make one that gets 30+ mpg. the 20 mpg is killing me on my 50 mile commute to and from work.

Good Sound Used Auto
By Jiggert on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

Very nice and dependable automobile.

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED...
By ALFALFA on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

I BOUGHT THIS JEEP FROM A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL IN LATE 1995 WITH 37,000 MILES ON IT. SINCE THEN, I HAVE AVERAGED 21,000 MILES A YEAR. THE SUSPENSION IS TRUCK-LIKE, EVEN WITH NEW SHOCKS. I HAD ONE VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WITH THE IGNITION RELAY, BUT WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT CHEAPLY ONCE I LEARNED THE CAUSE. IT RATTLES AND SQUEAKS HERE AND THERE, BUT THAT IS INHERENT IN THESE JEEPS. "FUEL ECONOMY" IS AN OXYMORON..20 MPG ON THE ROAD IF I'M LUCKY.

1993 Cherokee
By DavidD on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV

At 190K I gave the Jeep to my daughter a year ago. It is now up to 199K. The only problems I have had with it have been self inflicted. At 100K I use and oil additive to increase engine life. It has needed a quart of oil every month since. It never used a drop before. I replace the windshield because of a couple of bad niks. The windshield has leaked ever since. I change the oil every 3 months and it still runs great.

Bring back the Cherokee...
By Coatesb on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I love my jeep. It is an incredibly reliable vehicle and has never left me stranded. The power is more than enough for a vehicle this size, but you do trade off with poor fuel economy (15mpg in town, 20 on hwy). Why the idiots in the ivory towers of Chrysler decided to discontinue the Cherokee is a complete mystery to a lot of people. The Liberty doesn't have the same tough- ass look as the Cherokee and has entirely too much plastic. Maybe they will realize their mistake before too long. My next vehicle will be a Grand Cherokee.

rust bucket
By Kath on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the vehicle new. Had problems with right front wheel/tire since day one - always needed air - problem with "rim" never properly fixed causing vehicle to often shake over 55mph, stereo speakers sound awful, cruise and air went years ago, leak in roof (roof rack) ran down the inside of the car for years (undetected) until the entire rocker rotted out, soaking rugs, rusted out the entire roof over the front window, and starting shorting out the entire electrial system. Front bumper rusted badly. Would never buy again.

A
By PJG_MUSIC on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm just a 17 year old, but am very interested in cars! My mom handed her car down to me, a '93 Jeep Country Cherokee, and it has been fun. I have had to replace the rear end 3 times thought, and the interior is getting rough. Still in great condition for being old and having 130,000 miles. The engine is loud, and its not an instant starter, you have to hold the ignition for about 5 seconds to start it. Overall, and good starter car, but not a long term car, for me. DEFINITLY NOT A GOOD TRAVELING CAR! My family and I went to Maryland and Washington D.C. a few summers ago in it, and with four people in it, its rather tight. Especially a 6' brother!!!

Repair cost a fortune!
By ruppertdawg on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

Noisy, bouncy and fun to drive. The inline six is an excellent engine and mine leaks no oil at 170,000 miles. It appears to have been partially overhauled around 70,000 miles. Repairs cost a fortune. Replaced tire rods, clutch, brake work, cat converter. parts are ridiculously expensive, double what most cars' parts cost in most cases. LAbor is high because of design as well. Windsheild wiper motors are pieces of crap.