1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Love
By YoYoYo on 10/10/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV

I've had my Jeep for around 11 years and it's always been reliable. We've definitely been stuck a few times [I really wish mine was 4WD] but the Jeep loves the dirt roads At 160,000 miles now, the only problem I've had with it is that the air conditioner (maybe?) is leaking underneath the passengers front seat and behind it. I ripped up the carpet and found out that the floor is badly rusted. There are some small holes where you can see the ground & it spits up mud when driving, so I covered it with a floor mat. It doesn't effect the performance so it's all good. Great great truck. I'll be very sad when she dies, which I doubt will be for a while.

Repair cost a fortune!
By ruppertdawg on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV

Noisy, bouncy and fun to drive. The inline six is an excellent engine and mine leaks no oil at 170,000 miles. It appears to have been partially overhauled around 70,000 miles. Repairs cost a fortune. Replaced tire rods, clutch, brake work, cat converter. parts are ridiculously expensive, double what most cars' parts cost in most cases. LAbor is high because of design as well. Windsheild wiper motors are pieces of crap.