1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Shoot This Horse
By JIM on 12/29/07 14:14 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I have mixed feelings about putting this one down. She's got 304k miles, and I've put on all but 36k of those. Little stuff mostly has gone on this..new transmission on 9/11/01..otherwise, it has been OK..hard to complain with no car payment for the past 12 years! It failed emissions a couple of weeks ago, and a mechanic and good friend put it on the computer, did compression, etc. The 4th cylinder has no compression..so it's basically a goner. It drove like a truck, squeaked from the day I got it, and had a few puzzling breakdowns..none that I couldn't fix on my own, once I got the Haynes repair manual. Buying a used Accord tomorrow, and will just borrow a truck when I need one

MY LAST ONE...
By Jim on 06/25/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I purchased this Jeep in 11/05 with 37k miles on it from a private seller. Although the pre-purchase inspection revealed a previous front left bumper collision, I decided to buy it because it fit my budget and utility. It rattled and squeaked from day one, nothing serious, but indicative of the body integrity knocks that showed up in consumer reviews. The previous collision turned out to be more damaging than realized, and the frame needed $600 worth of welding to make sure the steering box didn't fall off. It has had a bunch of repairs--new transmission on 9/11/01, ignition control module, alternator, starter, radiator, tension pulley, power steering pump, water pump.

Good Sound Used Auto
By Jiggert on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

Very nice and dependable automobile.

ALL THINGS CONSIDERED...
By ALFALFA on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I BOUGHT THIS JEEP FROM A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL IN LATE 1995 WITH 37,000 MILES ON IT. SINCE THEN, I HAVE AVERAGED 21,000 MILES A YEAR. THE SUSPENSION IS TRUCK-LIKE, EVEN WITH NEW SHOCKS. I HAD ONE VERY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WITH THE IGNITION RELAY, BUT WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT CHEAPLY ONCE I LEARNED THE CAUSE. IT RATTLES AND SQUEAKS HERE AND THERE, BUT THAT IS INHERENT IN THESE JEEPS. "FUEL ECONOMY" IS AN OXYMORON..20 MPG ON THE ROAD IF I'M LUCKY.

1993 Cherokee
By DavidD on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

At 190K I gave the Jeep to my daughter a year ago. It is now up to 199K. The only problems I have had with it have been self inflicted. At 100K I use and oil additive to increase engine life. It has needed a quart of oil every month since. It never used a drop before. I replace the windshield because of a couple of bad niks. The windshield has leaked ever since. I change the oil every 3 months and it still runs great.