1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Built like a tank
By jeep4teen on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I have owned this Jeep since it was new. It has 200,000 miles on it, and the only major thing I've done to it was have the radiator worked on. My 16 year daughter starting driving it about 3 months ago. She had a rollover accident two days ago on a wet road going uphill, but she came out of this without a scratch! It ripped the back door off, there's a big dent on top on the passenger side. The front fenders were dented and the grill is missing. Mind you, there are no airbags. This Jeep is built like a tank. We will either fix it or buy another one like it.

The jeep
By jeepgirl on 07/12/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always wanted a Jeep then my boyfriend gave me this Jeep I love it. This car has been the best car I have ever had fun to drive comfortable and will go any were. Starts every time. Mine even gets 21 mpg

Jeeps rule
By Jeeps are Awesome on 03/18/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep when it was 13 years old and had tons of miles on it already, I added many more miles which were fairly rough ones, I live were we get a lot of snow and never had any trouble with it ( except when the snow hit 4 feet )It would go anywhere I wanted, I hauled hay and a horse trailed up steep hills and my husband hauled his large boat, it did great, we finally upgraded to a Liberty Turbo diesel, but I'm looking to go back to the Cherokee, you just can't beat the room in the back to haul stuff, I've had several jeeps and the Cherokee is by far the best! can't wait to buy another one.

Beater with a heater.
By 2Fast on 05/09/09 22:44 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 93 2 door 4 cyl. With 223,000 miles, replace cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and fan, and now its getting 20 + overall mpgs. Even as a 2 door it holds 4 people with comfort. I work in 2 way communications, and thus have taken this Jeep places I dont think it should have been. It runs awesome in more then 2 feet of snow. The only problem is the door hinges.

reliable & tough
By joebob on 04/02/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I've had my Cherokee for about 6 months now. When I first got it, it had a lot of problems; mainly because of the carelessness of the previous owner. It had a terrible death wobble around 45 mph that I could not figure out. I replaced the transmission mount, a motor mount, shocks, steering stabilizer, and track bar mount. But it still shook. Finally, I replaced one of the track bar bushings that was pretty much gone, and it solved the problem.

My 93 is great
By OrigOwner on 01/16/08 14:32 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm original purchaser of 1993 Cherokee Sport 4D 4WD and am glad I did. Almost 180,000 miles so far. Have had to replace all the usuals but perform most maintenance myself. Easier to work on than many others. Traveled from Key West to Maine. A 12 hour drive from NC to MA isn't painful. Mileage as advertised but just got 22 on last tank w/snow tires. Awful standard shocks - get Ranchos. A/C works great. Has become hot on stalled roads - pop hood and turn heat on. If you want a problem fixed right - don't take it to a dealer! I am not kidding! Very fun to drive - don't try snow w/o snow tires.

Shoot This Horse
By JIM on 12/29/07 14:14 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Country 4dr SUV

I have mixed feelings about putting this one down. She's got 304k miles, and I've put on all but 36k of those. Little stuff mostly has gone on this..new transmission on 9/11/01..otherwise, it has been OK..hard to complain with no car payment for the past 12 years! It failed emissions a couple of weeks ago, and a mechanic and good friend put it on the computer, did compression, etc. The 4th cylinder has no compression..so it's basically a goner. It drove like a truck, squeaked from the day I got it, and had a few puzzling breakdowns..none that I couldn't fix on my own, once I got the Haynes repair manual. Buying a used Accord tomorrow, and will just borrow a truck when I need one

Love
By YoYoYo on 10/10/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV

I've had my Jeep for around 11 years and it's always been reliable. We've definitely been stuck a few times [I really wish mine was 4WD] but the Jeep loves the dirt roads At 160,000 miles now, the only problem I've had with it is that the air conditioner (maybe?) is leaking underneath the passengers front seat and behind it. I ripped up the carpet and found out that the floor is badly rusted. There are some small holes where you can see the ground & it spits up mud when driving, so I covered it with a floor mat. It doesn't effect the performance so it's all good. Great great truck. I'll be very sad when she dies, which I doubt will be for a while.

The Jeep That Could (Jeep Cheeroke Sport
By spencer on 06/03/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is amazing. I have almost 200,000 miles and it still drives perfectly. It is the perfect college car, and I drive it both in the city where my school is, as well is in the country where my home is. I drive it on the highyway almost everyday, and it still chugs along. I take it on the beach, and I have added many features to it. I have done very little to this Jeep, and the way it runs now, I expect to last at leat 3 more years. That would make the car almost 20 years old! The body looks great. In all honesty I know that my Jeep is going to start evey time and it is extremely reliable. Plus you can go virtually anywhere, or through anything (snow/mud/sand/forest).

Very pleased
By eric on 04/09/07 10:51 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep used from an individual 3 months ago. Since I got my Jeep I put new main and rod bearings in it. I have been pleased with it ever since.