I LOVE IT
By taubph on
1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
I have put 212,000 fairly hard miles on my 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr. I have gone up and down the highway at 100 miles an hour. I have crawled for hours offroad at 3 miles an hour. I have blasted through mud holes, climbed mountains in the snow, and hauled around way more people than there are seatbelts in the truck. Throughout all of this, the vehicle has performed flawlessly. This Jeep has survived my college years in a Fraternity, my 2 year stint as a snowboarding instructor, my love of camping, hiking, and mountain biking, my 3 dogs, and my many offroading trips. It has never been anything but reliable, dependable, and unbreakable.
Favorite Features
best feature is, without a doubt, the Selec-Trac transfer case. Known of as an NP242, it allows for full-time four wheel drive or part-time four wheel drive, with 2hi, 4ft, 4pt, and 4lo gears.
Suggested Improvements
Making it a little bit bigger would be nice, but then it would lose its ability to squeeze down the tightest of trails or into the smallest parking spots. It DEFINITELY feels and looks like a much bigger truck than it actually is.