1992 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Bulletproof '92 Cherokee Lared

1992 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Bulletproof '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0l
By [dse]Circlestrafe on

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I drive vehicles fast and hard. My '92 Cherokee is no exception. Since buying it used 11 years ago with 62,000 miles, I've replaced the A/C compressor, oil pan (drain plug was cross-threaded and retapped, found this out at first oil change), and clutch twice, and the HVAC blower motor, and starter. Everything else routine maintenance. I've driven places Humvee owners would fear to tread (the real H1s). This vehicle is outstanding performance wise. 0-60 in 9 seconds and that's how I drive it. I'd buy another one, but I don't think I'll ever have to, it just won't quit!

4WD, 4.0l, bulletproof engine and 5spd transmission. Unibody construction. Excellent handling...rollover prone? 35+mph Uturns on 2 lane roads...rapid lane changes (my other car is a 94 Mitsu Eclipse GSX) I've never come close to rolling the Cherokee.

REAL cup holders. Somewhere to place a CB/cd changer. It's 4WD, put skid plates as standard equipment. Ditch the Liberty/Compass/etc and bring the Classic Cherokee back!