1992 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
MOST VERSITILE EVER
By ilgizzard on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Briarwood 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep with 18-miles on it, have driven the stuffings out of it from Houston to Milwaukee, Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Ft. Worth, ElPaso, Amarillo, and Lubbock (on-road and off-road) through snow, rain, heat, and freezing winds and back home every time without the least bit of backache or mechanical trouble. It burns no oil and is as mechanically sound as the day I got it. Ride is rough and solid, but there is a certain fun to driving a quick and responsive vehicle. Fast off the line and at top speeds of 100+. Cruses at 79 MPH for thousands of miles.

Great Buy Used!!
By CarEnthusiast03 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

The 4.0 straight 6 cyl is very strong. It is a tank. It's faster than V-6 mustangs with mods and you can smoke 'em with a 10+ year old mid-sized SUV with an engine with 160,000 miles on it! It's funny when a 6-cyl SUV beats 6 cylinder sports cars!! It's a good sleeper! I use mine as a work truck and not as a race vehicle however. It's never left me stranded or broke down on me. The A/C quit working this summer, but that's no big deal for a vehicle over 10 years old. I've been very pleased and couldn't have obtained a better vehicle for the price that these go for used!! Props to Chrysler Corp for the engine and design, everything works great together!

Way too good
By bunnygirl on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep. I've had it for a little over a year and it has always performed well. Very, very reliable. Once you hit about 40mph, it sails! I don't think I will ever get rid of it. It has a nice amount of power and I've never had any major problems, only small, cheap things. Although, tinted windows is a must with a limited amount of vents.

awesome
By jeepguy on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this jeep from a friend and I love it. Great power off the mark and it looks great. I have a sunroof, leather, and full options. It looks really sharp. The only thing wrong is a leaking seal on the transfer case, which isn't a big deal to fix. Whatever you do don't get your brakes fixed at Meineke...they suck!

Most Reliable I've owned
By jrrinatl on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my '92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo in March of '94 with just less than 50,000 miles on it based on reviews at that time. It's been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I now have over 230,000 miles on it and it's still going strong. The only major work I've had done is to the airconditioner last year when it went out. It does leak oil (leak, NOT burn) but the engine continues to work great. Each year in our state emissions tests, it continues to pass as if it were new. I hate to think about having to eventually get a new one as I'm wary of whether more recent models will be as reliable.

The Best
By Ed and susan on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We have 260000 miles on our Cherokee and were very sad when Jeep went to only Libertys for the back country. We have gone places that most "normal" folks would not go. Now that we are planning to get a new vehichle, we are pushing it to the limit and have found it will do more than we ever dreamed. We have never been stuck and we have been in snow, mud, rivers, sand, and rocks.

There is Only One
By maxim on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee 2dr SUV 4WD

THE JEEP IS THE BEST SUV EVER BUILT, IT HAS BEEN ALL OVER EUROPE AND US. IT HAS THE BEST 4WD THEN MODERN SUV ON THE MARKET. THE RIDE IS ROUGH BUT WORT IT.

Millers Jeep
By Lucky13 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I put 144,000 miles on my Jeep and never had anything wrong with it other than brake pads and tune ups. I took it off roading all the time and loved going out in the snow, i drove through 18 inched of snow easy, it never even fishtailed, the only reason i have to part with the 'albino rhino' is because someone hit me and i have to total it. It was the most reliable car you could ever own and I have hauled up to 12 people in it at one time.

Great little 4X4!
By uplandhawaii on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this second hand from the original owner, it had about 130,000 miles on it and was well kept. This is my daily driver as well as my fun machine, performs flawlesly. The 4- wheel drive is solid and it performed great with the stock suspension. Its now lifted and has a locker in the rear, it takes me anywhere I want to get stuck!

I LOVE IT
By taubph on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have put 212,000 fairly hard miles on my 1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr. I have gone up and down the highway at 100 miles an hour. I have crawled for hours offroad at 3 miles an hour. I have blasted through mud holes, climbed mountains in the snow, and hauled around way more people than there are seatbelts in the truck. Throughout all of this, the vehicle has performed flawlessly. This Jeep has survived my college years in a Fraternity, my 2 year stint as a snowboarding instructor, my love of camping, hiking, and mountain biking, my 3 dogs, and my many offroading trips. It has never been anything but reliable, dependable, and unbreakable.