1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Love my Jeep!
By kellib on 05/28/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Now this 92 that I bought for $500 has as many miles as it takes to get to the moon, plus a couple hundred more. I can say it's very, very reliable though. A friend's dad of mine bought it for $100 (he new someone) in 06. It's pretty junky and theres a lot of cosmetic problems, but there's never been anything wrong with the engine.The things I'm fixing recently are windshield wipers (keep coming disconnected), a new muffler (this ones rusted out) and the turn signals work work at times (it's not a fuse I checked). Please let me know if anyone else has any similar problems. But honestly this was a GREAT BUY. I will definitely look into a newer model because of this one.

Bulletproof '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0l
By [dse]Circlestrafe on 05/28/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I drive vehicles fast and hard. My '92 Cherokee is no exception. Since buying it used 11 years ago with 62,000 miles, I've replaced the A/C compressor, oil pan (drain plug was cross-threaded and retapped, found this out at first oil change), and clutch twice, and the HVAC blower motor, and starter. Everything else routine maintenance. I've driven places Humvee owners would fear to tread (the real H1s). This vehicle is outstanding performance wise. 0-60 in 9 seconds and that's how I drive it. I'd buy another one, but I don't think I'll ever have to, it just won't quit!

love my jeep
By lovein the jeep on 05/08/08 01:35 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep at the end of 2004 for like $2000 and i can tell it's very tough i live on a dirt road and it has taken a beaten here, it had the wheel fall off and there was no damage but just the disc, had belts brake and wrap around fan and still drive fine, it's pulled me out of at least a 2 feet thick mud from these roads I live one and no problems, and I'm planning to buy another just because this auto hasn't left me stranded not yet I really love my jeep i have had a lot of electric problem with mostly the fuses

92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - My best friend
By Lady_Arwen on 08/13/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo in 1996. Needless to say, I'm still driving it and you can't pry it away from me. It's been very reliable with the usual proper care. I plan on driving her as long as she's standing on all four tires, and just replacing parts as needed as my vehicle ages.

Very Versatile Vehicle
By Tom Sayles on 06/25/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I had mine for eight years and it had 359k miles when it finally lost the #2 cylinder. Even then I drove it around for a couple of weeks on 5 cyls. It loved to tow and to work low and slow. It also cruised nicely at 80 MPH (70+ with the trailer). It got 18 MPG in the city and 20+ on the highway. I enjoyed it as a daily commuter, weekend road trips, four wheeling, and camping with a tent hung over the lift gate. I want another one. Same year, same model, less miles.

Great Buy
By CrazyKvn on 04/07/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Got mine with 150K miles and now has 192K, never had a major problem with it. Had to do the typical maintenance, water pump, radiator, transmission lines. Cheap parts, and lots of room to work. Drives great! I can't believe the performance it still has after 15 years and 3 owners. I love my Jeep, but it has no AC and I'm moving to FL, so she's gotta go.

totally great
By Xtreme4x4 on 02/12/07 19:01 PM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the second Jeep that i have owned and I love Jeeps. I would never drive any other suv. It is a great, comfortable off roading vehicle. I have also talked my friend into buying one of the same year. he loves it too. I also hardly have to use the 4x4!

Best Buy of my Life
By BryteEyez on 12/27/05 17:10 PM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Absolutely LOVE my Jeep, I'm a shorty -- 5 feet in my stocking feet. I can see the road with ease, I can park this puppy in any space, Snowy weather fantastic fun (occasionally I will still call in to work just so I can go out and play!). Great fuel economy even with 4x4 (better then our Ford Contour Sedan). Only had minor repairs, brakes, a u- joint (once after about 175,000 miles) Roomy, functional, reliable, What more can I say? This a definite must buy! :)

reliable, efficient, powerful
By Gordon Lanning on 11/23/05 01:09 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

Purchased my Jeep new. Change the oil every 3 thousand miles using Mobil 1. At 13 thousand miles under warranty head gasket replaced, known issue for some serial numbers. At 161 thousand still has original transmission, ball joints, tie rods, brake parts. Replaced radiator twice until I got smart and got brass tanks and brass core radiator. I have replaced AC expansion valve, starter and steering column. Have broken drivers seat but I am a big ole boy also. Do your maintenance, it pays. I would take this vehicle any where from coast to coast or border to border and not think twice or worry.

love hate relationship
By habsitual on 06/03/05 00:53 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

Okay, let me say I love my Jeep. But, I've had some overheating problems since day 1. Replaced radiator and components, I still have to get a radiator flush a couple times every summer. I'm told the engine block has internal corrosion causing the blockage. I've got 200,000 miles on my Jeep and can't really complain although buyers should be aware there's going to be upkeep but there's plenty of wrecks to pick from and aftermarket parts. It's loud too and a bit of a gas hog. It's going to be hard to drive something else though, they don't make them like this anymore.