Used 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

1992 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

92 Cherokee Laredo
By cyerby2326

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought the Jeep with about 150k miles on it. Now has about 230k. Still has original motor, trans, a/c components and many other things. Had to replace tie rods and ball joints at 200k and other minor stuff along the way. I love it. I have since bought A 98 Cherokee. I love it too.

Favorite Features

You cant break it. It should be broke the places i take it. Very reliable

Suggested Improvements

A better rear end with positive traction. CUP HOLDERS!!!!!!

92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - My best friend
By Lady_Arwen

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo in 1996. Needless to say, I'm still driving it and you can't pry it away from me. It's been very reliable with the usual proper care. I plan on driving her as long as she's standing on all four tires, and just replacing parts as needed as my vehicle ages.

Favorite Features

Comfort of the seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

Its a Jeep thing
By mr.shawn

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Always wanted a Cherokee. The price was right and I bought it. Its fun to drive and has good visibility. Plenty of power, almost too much on wet roads. I wish it had 4wd. The 4.0L engine is great, and the AT never misses a shift. It doesnt have the most refined ride, but you have to remember, Its a JEEP.

Favorite Features

High ground clearance. Its nice to be able to drive over or through rather then around.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

My favorite
By Searcher

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Even though I have a new (2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport fully loaded) Jeep sitting in the driveway, the 1992 Laredo is sitting in the Garage. It's pretty much my baby, it's a manual transmission but that just adds to the fun of driving it. The worst mistake I made was expecting the same quality in the newer model! This one is far superior to the newer model. It does have the telltale oil leak, but never even enough to make a difference on the dipstick! It's still in excellent condition and runs like a dream. I may give the new Jeep to the teenagers and keep the old one for myself.

Favorite Features

Manuel transmission, great heavy duty truck brakes (stops on a dime!), too bad they stopped making the Cherokees.

Suggested Improvements

None, it's perfect just the way it is.

Great Buy Used!!
By CarEnthusiast03

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

The 4.0 straight 6 cyl is very strong. It is a tank. It's faster than V-6 mustangs with mods and you can smoke 'em with a 10+ year old mid-sized SUV with an engine with 160,000 miles on it! It's funny when a 6-cyl SUV beats 6 cylinder sports cars!! It's a good sleeper! I use mine as a work truck and not as a race vehicle however. It's never left me stranded or broke down on me. The A/C quit working this summer, but that's no big deal for a vehicle over 10 years old. I've been very pleased and couldn't have obtained a better vehicle for the price that these go for used!! Props to Chrysler Corp for the engine and design, everything works great together!

Favorite Features

Great Acceleration for a 6 cylinder SUV! Engine built like a tank! Reliable! Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy!