1992 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
The thing is a BEAST
By Jeep Lover on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I abuse my Jeep. Abuse! I bought it with 125k on it, and it is almost at 170. I haul well over 1000 lbs of wood in the back on a weekly basis, so much that the exhaust nearly drags on the ground. In 45k miles, I have only replaced the starter, headlight switch, and tires. My front seat is held up by a log, the paint is faded to crap, but the 5 speed and 4.0 is a beast. Never been stuck ever, even when hauling 1000 lbs of wood through the woods!

Can't let'er go
By prp on 09/11/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Simply: I could buy a new vehicle, but I won't until I have to.

Sad to Let Go After Nine Years
By SadtoLetGo on 04/20/05 02:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Out grew the Jeep with four kids, just bought a truck. With the 4.0L HO engine and the 5 speed manual this car was just plain fun and had more than enough power because it is light with the unibody construction. Towed a 25 foot boat that weighed 5,000 lbs and it did okay ... plenty of power, just a little short for the length of the boat. Very reliable and what parts I did replace were reasonably priced. City mileage was okay at about 12.5 - 13.5 mpg, but highway mileage was good at about 21.5 mpg. Engine still runs very strong and the transmission hasn't missed a beat. Parts replaced: clutch at about 85,000 miles, exhaust at about 105,000 miles, water pump ($45!) at 110,000 miles.

it,s a jeep thing
By master of detail on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

is a fun and good car i love it

The Best
By Ed and susan on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We have 260000 miles on our Cherokee and were very sad when Jeep went to only Libertys for the back country. We have gone places that most "normal" folks would not go. Now that we are planning to get a new vehichle, we are pushing it to the limit and have found it will do more than we ever dreamed. We have never been stuck and we have been in snow, mud, rivers, sand, and rocks.