1992 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Best 4X4 Ever
By scottsal on 04/03/12 22:12 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I own a 1992 Jeep cherokee Laredo with 210,000 miles on it. It has been by far the most dependable, tough car I have ever owned. Although now 20 years old, everything on it still works perfect. Easy to work on, fun to drive. My only complaint would be I need a bit more legroom. But on road and off, this is the best made 4X4 ever. I live in colorado and it seems like every 3rd car is a cherokee.

The thing is a BEAST
By Jeep Lover on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I abuse my Jeep. Abuse! I bought it with 125k on it, and it is almost at 170. I haul well over 1000 lbs of wood in the back on a weekly basis, so much that the exhaust nearly drags on the ground. In 45k miles, I have only replaced the starter, headlight switch, and tires. My front seat is held up by a log, the paint is faded to crap, but the 5 speed and 4.0 is a beast. Never been stuck ever, even when hauling 1000 lbs of wood through the woods!

Best First Car Possible
By Handyman on 09/08/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I inherited this car from my mother a little over a year ago after basically living in it for 17 years. It has had a few major replacement parts but overall it has a low average repair cost. It currently broke 200k miles on it and aside from the back turn signals going out for a few days it has no problems. I couldn't recommend a better long term car especially if you are interested in hauling anything large and still being able to fit friends or family in the car with you.

Everyone should own one
By rob on 07/03/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

"beast" will go anywhere in anything. timeless look will pull anything will not die or get stuck for "long"

Can't let'er go
By prp on 09/11/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Simply: I could buy a new vehicle, but I won't until I have to.

Gift that keeps on giving!!!
By Jazz on 09/07/09 15:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I was given a 1992 Jeep Loredo 4x4 4dr. My world is one of Bad luck and disaster. But this lil' sucker has been a charm. I am the prior owner of 2 Grand wagoneers. An 87 and an 89. This is the only 4x4 I have enjoyed since. 175,890 miles and going very strong.

1992 Jeep Cherokee 4WD
By Ben61 on 08/31/09 17:33 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought this Jeep Cherokee and even though it has high miles on it, I still got it. I have had to replace the front axel u-joints and bearings. I put in a new 7lb radiator cap since the old one was leaking. My wife has helped me to find a used drivers seat for it and we like this tough Jeep. I will replace the mirrors and get the cup holders for the console. I like the 4WD and tow package. It will be in the family until it quits. Saved it from a future CFC since it was a trade in at the dealer. Like the inline 6 with 4.0L engine. Room inside and no complaints. Ride's good and dependable. Will upgrade parts as needed. All manual and no power seats or doors. Did not want them anyway.

Won't quit!
By Ken on 08/10/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought with 111,000 miles on it in 2002. Little did the owner know that it was just broken in! 4-liter engine is extremely reliable, except for an oil leak and some oil blow-back to the air filter. I like selectable 4WD to keep gas mileage up when it's not needed. Just took it camping in Vermont in 2009 with 233K miles on it, 4 kayaks on top and a 2x5 foot basket hanging on the back. Air shocks in the rear really helped.

Can't part with it
By Fish on 08/06/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has taken me over plenty of bad roads, snowy summits, and bad relationships!! 206k miles and still going strong. No major repairs ever. Just the usual stuff. Engine is bullet proof. Cup holders and a split back seat would be the only improvement. Not important enough to trade in yet. Can't imagine it being destroyed with the cash for clunkers program. It hauls my bikes, skis, and me to all of my fun weekends. Big enough and fits in my garage better than the newer SUVs.

92 Cherokee Laredo
By cyerby2326 on 02/25/09 07:18 AM (PST)

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought the Jeep with about 150k miles on it. Now has about 230k. Still has original motor, trans, a/c components and many other things. Had to replace tie rods and ball joints at 200k and other minor stuff along the way. I love it. I have since bought A 98 Cherokee. I love it too.

1 2 3 4 5 next »