Back when...
By ADVNTURR on
1991 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD
I've been driving my '91 since I bought it in 1998 and have been averaging about 13k a year on it. It is tough and doesn't ride like a car because it was built how an SUV should be built. Great handling on- and off-road with comfortable seating for 4 normal sized adults. Good power out of the 4.0L I6 and the AW-4 automatic has proven itself as well. The '91 is an easy year to modify with plenty of donor vehicles from '91-'96 and works great for what it was built for. I plan on keeping mine until I really kill it and then I plan on fixing it so I can keep on driving it. Well worth a reasonable price to purchase one.
Favorite Features
- 4.0L I6 with the AW-4 transmission and NP231 T-case - Full-sized spare - Skid plate package - Stiff but articulating suspension - Simple "box" styling - Huge available aftermarket possibilities - Rain gutters - Tow package.
Suggested Improvements
- Replace the factory transfer case skid plate if off-roading - Upgrade Headlights - Roof rack upgrade to Yakima/Thule for better carrying possibilities.