1991 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
One reliable, hard-working vehicle!
By Bugscuffle on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

Over 322,000 miles (mostly highway) and still going strong, on only its 3rd set of Michelin tires. Still getting 22mpg. Has pulled large logs and hauled up to 3,000 lb of rocks without complaint. Has always felt solid, secure, and reliable. Have loved this vehicle - wish everyone could own a car as good as my Cherokee has been for me.

Still Unbreakable After All These Years
By Trantor on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I've got 112000 miles on my 2 door 4X4 and have had it in places goats wouldn't go. Only the electric antenna broke during the first 100K. I put highway tires on after the first 80K (& the original off road tires still have plenty of tread left). The only problem?. . . I can't hear on the cell phone because of road noise. I owned a 280ZX turbo before my Jeep, and the Jeep has been more fun to drive in more places for more things, by far. I'm ready for a sedan now, but I'll not trade in the Jeep. It is good for at least another 100K miles of hunting, hauling and commuting.

THE BEST I EVER HAD
By JIM HESS on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I BOUGHT MY JEEP WHEN IT 67,000 MILES ON IT. NOW, SEVEN YEARS LATER IT NOW HAS OVER 145,000 AND I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. IT HAS NEVER BROKEN DOWN AND IT HAS ALWAYS STARTED FOR ME. THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING I HAD TO REPLACE WAS NEW TIRES