1990 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Will keep it forever

1990 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Will keep it forever
By Joey Bullseyes on

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my mothers before I got my hands on it and when I did it got beat on like there was no tomorrow. The thing is a daily driver with its True Mileage Unknown, I estimate around 300,000 on the motor.(rebuilt trans, new rear, u joints, steering box, are a few things changed but none of them went i just want to keep it around forever)I've taken it all over from 4x4ing to beating hondas around town and racing on the highway. I even towed my friends 79' Bronco out of a mud pit with it. The 4 low rocks. Its just a great truck, that simple. Btw Just watch the trasfer case clearance when goin hard core off road with a stock one, it kinda sticks out.

Favorite Features

The 4.0 Inline 6. 190hp beast just wanting to go. Not to brag about it but the engine beats 6cyl mustangs off the line no prob and holds them for abit, would be a nice 1/4 mile race.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing it needed when produced was a beafier suspension, my rear leafs sag real bad and the coils are real soft. But for its age and major abuse put on it its expected. Oh and it could use more skid plates as that could really have saved me some damage underneith.