It was fun
By rose313 on
1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo in the beginning of 2009 and had it until the end of 2011, when I discovered it had a bad engine bearing. I sold it to someone who wanted to put another engine in. It was fun to drive and I didn't have any huge issues besides the engine. I bought it with 155k miles on it, and drove it about 20 or 25k while I owned it. I was surprised that it was horrible in the snow, since the four wheel drive was only part time, I couldn't use it for anything but getting out of parking spots in the snow or mud, which it was awesome at. But the rear wheel drive was awful on my highway commute to and from work, I almost slid off the road multiple times.
Favorite Features
Power windows, locks, and seats Digital thermometer and compass 4 wheel drive
Suggested Improvements
These things are expected in a high mileage vehicle, but I'm listing them anyway: Paint started peeling and flaking badly after about 165k. Road noise was awful. Back speakers were blown and audio quality even in the front speakers which worked fine, was bad. Seats were comfortable for me, but my boyfriend who is 6 feet tall was not comfortable in it, even with the seat as low as it went, he was still too tall for it.