1990 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
My faithful friend
By Sixstringbook on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Let's start with the fact that I never had to do more than routine maintenence to it ... add that it got me over the continental divide without incident on a county road in a blizzard bad enough to shut down the interstate ... had enough acceleration to push you back in the seat after a quarter million miles and still didn't burn oil. I'd still be driving it today had some moron not smashed into it while it was parked. Thanks, Jeep!

Will keep it forever
By Joey Bullseyes on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my mothers before I got my hands on it and when I did it got beat on like there was no tomorrow. The thing is a daily driver with its True Mileage Unknown, I estimate around 300,000 on the motor.(rebuilt trans, new rear, u joints, steering box, are a few things changed but none of them went i just want to keep it around forever)I've taken it all over from 4x4ing to beating hondas around town and racing on the highway. I even towed my friends 79' Bronco out of a mud pit with it. The 4 low rocks. Its just a great truck, that simple. Btw Just watch the trasfer case clearance when goin hard core off road with a stock one, it kinda sticks out.

its a machine
By Daniel From on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

i have over 180000 miles on my jeep and its still going strong. The only repairs i have had to do is the feul pump and thermostat. Its reliable, its fun to drive especally off road.

Runs Forever
By jerky1280 on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4dr SUV 4WD

My family owned our cherokee from when it was new off the lot. It now has 148k miles. Stock everything. It's been though a few alternators (due to mud from offroading), one water pump, and a starter. The rear main seal went bad at 140k miles. I started driving this vehicle when I was 16, and to be honest, I seriously abused it. It stood up to everything that has been thrown at it and still runs great.

Never let me down
By peepers on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

Owned and operated for 10 years and never had a major problem or repair bill, and still going strong... My old faithful.