Used 1990 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

JEEP
By RUSSEL

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

THE JEEP IS A SOLID AND RELIABLE MACHINE. WE WOULD RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO TRY IT.

Favorite Features

THE VECHICLE IS BUILT TO WITHSTAND HEAD- ON COLLISION, ALSO ACCERATES NICELY.

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE RIDE. THE VECHICLE SHOULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE WHEN RIDING

Perfect Off-road Vehicle
By jmorrow

1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my cherokee for 3 years now and I will be a loyal Jeep owner for the rest of my life. Before my Jeep, I owned a 1991 Chevy S10 Blazer, and it didn't even compare to my cherokee. I have 106k on it and the only things i've had to replace are starter, blower motor (my fault), and u-joint. If you want an all-purpose trail rig that can hold it's own in any potential situation, then look no further.

Favorite Features

4.0L engine runs forever, extremely off-road capable suspension design, very reliable, handles well on-road

Suggested Improvements

V8 option, more comfortable seats, 4- wheel disc brakes, Dana 44 axles front & rear

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Standard Trans
By wilg

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought this car in 1990, new. It is a standard trans car. It has proved to be reliable. It handles well, and accelerates quickley (for an SUV) when not heavily loaded. Large enough to transport 4 people comfortably, or as many as 8 in a pinch. Car is sturdy, and came with options. All around a nice vehical unless you need to move smelly things around.

Favorite Features

Stick Shift, good design

Suggested Improvements

If the back seat was back about 6 more inches the car would be perfect

Strong
By Brian D.

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I just recently received this Jeep from my dad. The exterior has been well taken care of; however, the drive train has not. He bought it about 2 yrs ago from a dealer w/out warrenty. I have just personally replaced the head, and exhaust manifold (I've learned that is a problem..the exhaust manifold cracks). The head had to be machined down because my dad didn't know the fan stopped working, so it warped it. Overall, I know this is a good Jeep, their reliability is great as long as you take care of them. It will last a very long time once I am done with it. By the way, the interior last very long.

Favorite Features

4x4

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, and strong exhaust manifolds...how about placing instead!

my cheap jeep
By woday

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

this jeep was my first car. i bought it with 119,000 miles about 3 years ago and now it has 130,000. a few things i dont like about it is the saffari look in the interior and the poor gas millage. i get about 14mpg in the summer and about 11 in the winter.

Favorite Features

my favorite features is that it is pretty fast for an old car. so far i have raced a SHO and a grand prix gt and won both so i guess its not bad for an old SUV. the 4x4 got me out of many tight spots in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

please please if only they could have improved the saftey of this thing. i feel like i drive around in a little tin can.