Used 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

SOLID Jeep
By PDubbs

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

A solid performer - on and off road. I am the second owner (first owner was a relative) and there have never been any significant headaches. The only engine issue is the need to add a half qt of oil every 1-2k miles. This Jeep has seen lots of deep mud, snow and unimproved roads and I have only been stuck once - and that was my error. The body is in great shape. There are only a few spots of rust near the rear wheelwells and the hood and roof paint is really faded. With over 140,000 miles, I still drive it to work every day - with confidence in the engine.

Favorite Features

Engine: Seems as though, as long as the oil is checked and maintained regularly, it will run forever. 4WD: This system is solid and rarely falters (I have pulled 15-20 foot tree trunk sections uphill in 4LO).

Suggested Improvements

For a 1990 built in 1989, I have not a single complaint.

Not bad at all for 14 years old!!
By Brian Dougherty

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I only had my Jeep for a little under 3 weeks. The amount of time I had it, was just wonderful. For a 4x4, inline- 6,the gas mileage wasn't too bad, could have been better. It had some pickup, and beat a honda prelude off the line and overall. The 4x4 was just awesome. I had some great times in the 3 weeks I had it. Never got stuck, and that was with radial tires. The ride was very comfortable. The only thing that I have noticed about this year and model of Jeeps, is the headliner doesn't do very well, and the paint starts to fade a bit. I had the rare 5-spd 2dr Laredo, but I loved it. If i could find another,

Favorite Features

4X4 was AWESOME!! Overhead console, folding back seat. Factory privacy glass was a wonder.

Suggested Improvements

The power window switches need to be longer lasting. There is not too much room for improvement from me. Great car, looking for another!

JEEP
By RUSSEL

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

THE JEEP IS A SOLID AND RELIABLE MACHINE. WE WOULD RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO TRY IT.

Favorite Features

THE VECHICLE IS BUILT TO WITHSTAND HEAD- ON COLLISION, ALSO ACCERATES NICELY.

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE RIDE. THE VECHICLE SHOULD BE MORE COMFORTABLE WHEN RIDING

my cheap jeep
By woday

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

this jeep was my first car. i bought it with 119,000 miles about 3 years ago and now it has 130,000. a few things i dont like about it is the saffari look in the interior and the poor gas millage. i get about 14mpg in the summer and about 11 in the winter.

Favorite Features

my favorite features is that it is pretty fast for an old car. so far i have raced a SHO and a grand prix gt and won both so i guess its not bad for an old SUV. the 4x4 got me out of many tight spots in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

please please if only they could have improved the saftey of this thing. i feel like i drive around in a little tin can.

great car
By ACG

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my jeep since i was 15 and if the insurance were not so expensive, (because of the 4wd) i would keep it forever. Its fast and has great accleration and in 120k miles i have had no major problems at all, change the oil add water and fix a few minor things this jeep will run forever.

Favorite Features

The straight 6, this thing has a lot of power.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major.