1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1990 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

Laredo 2dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
SOLID Jeep
By PDubbs on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

A solid performer - on and off road. I am the second owner (first owner was a relative) and there have never been any significant headaches. The only engine issue is the need to add a half qt of oil every 1-2k miles. This Jeep has seen lots of deep mud, snow and unimproved roads and I have only been stuck once - and that was my error. The body is in great shape. There are only a few spots of rust near the rear wheelwells and the hood and roof paint is really faded. With over 140,000 miles, I still drive it to work every day - with confidence in the engine.

Not bad at all for 14 years old!!
By Brian Dougherty on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I only had my Jeep for a little under 3 weeks. The amount of time I had it, was just wonderful. For a 4x4, inline- 6,the gas mileage wasn't too bad, could have been better. It had some pickup, and beat a honda prelude off the line and overall. The 4x4 was just awesome. I had some great times in the 3 weeks I had it. Never got stuck, and that was with radial tires. The ride was very comfortable. The only thing that I have noticed about this year and model of Jeeps, is the headliner doesn't do very well, and the paint starts to fade a bit. I had the rare 5-spd 2dr Laredo, but I loved it. If i could find another,

JEEP
By RUSSEL on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

THE JEEP IS A SOLID AND RELIABLE MACHINE. WE WOULD RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO TRY IT.

my cheap jeep
By woday on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

this jeep was my first car. i bought it with 119,000 miles about 3 years ago and now it has 130,000. a few things i dont like about it is the saffari look in the interior and the poor gas millage. i get about 14mpg in the summer and about 11 in the winter.

great car
By ACG on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my jeep since i was 15 and if the insurance were not so expensive, (because of the 4wd) i would keep it forever. Its fast and has great accleration and in 120k miles i have had no major problems at all, change the oil add water and fix a few minor things this jeep will run forever.