Horrible company.
By MadMan on
2011 Jaguar XK XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)
Engine seized after 15k miles. Jaguar will not take care of it although it is under warranty. Beware of this company. Their customer service is the worst. I have owned BMW, Lexus and and this xkr convertible. I will never buy another Jaguar. I am going with a BMW. Wish I could afford a Lexus lfa. Don't buy Jaguar. Trust me!
By 1970l78
on 06/16/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

I agree, I work for a Jaguar dealer. They cover everything and then some, even out of warranty. Must be a covert BMW lover looking for some free negative press. That or Jaguar did a redline test (all cars today have 'flight recorders" That record every engine revolution). But even then I don't buy his story. Lemon laws are always 101% on the side of the buyer who in the courts eyes are always the victim. If his story were true in the least, he would have a brand new car of a full refund. I think the harsh word "Liar" is in order here.

By mark3840
on 05/28/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

This post isn't believable. Maybe he should have changed the oil. Sounds like IF the engine did seize up it's something he did or else it would be covered under warranty. I'm not really a Jaguar fan either but I do like what I've read about this car. I'm not really expecting Acura, Lexus, or Genesis quality and am prepared to have to perform some routine service on a Jag if I do purchase one.

By kjgood
on 02/08/14 07:42 AM (PST)

I too find this report to lack any credibility. As if any car manufacturer could or would just not honor a real, legitimate warranty claim. I question whether this is an actual owner, and really got a laugh out of the statement that he wishes he could afford a Lexus LFA. Good luck with that, since when this "reviewer" wrote this, Lexus was busy pre-screening those few who they would deem to be "worthy" to acquire an LFA. I doubt they would clear some poser pretending to be an XKR owner.

By rowner
on 01/19/14 06:21 AM (PST)

There is a part of this story we are not being told. I have owned 3 recent model Jaguars including an XKR, and the service has been unbelievable. I have owned several other premium brands and quiet honestly, the Jaguar(s) ownership experience was the best overall. I bought my first Jag with a ton of skepticism, but my respect for the brand has improved by a 1000%. Now Mr. Madman, tell us the whole story