Used 2011 Jaguar XK Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jaguar Xk - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jaguar XK

View reviews for a specific XK model:

Perhaps the flat out best car on the planet
By 1970l78

2011 Jaguar XK XKR175 75th Anniversary Limited Ed. 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Just bought my new 2011 XKR Convertible 5 weeks ago. I can't begin to tell everyone out there how amazing this car is. Had a 2007 on a 2 year lease a few years back and that was just the 300hp XK. I thought that car was wicked. How wrong I was. Never has so much power been combined with such grace. Great looks, flat out astounding performance, and finally I feel like a rock star again. Can't wait to go to work in the morning. Can't wait to go anywhere in this car. Wow. Love it.

Favorite Features

The Performance and star power are my favorite features, Also love the fast and intuitive Nav screen. My Porsche's nav was archaic, and there just was not enough time in the day to operate the BMW's. Ultra high quality and attention to every little detail. The car makes you feel special. That you have somehow earned it's respect.

Suggested Improvements

Do a better job relaying the quality inherant in these vehicles. People who have never owned one are still suspicious and that above all else needs to end.

What a Cat!!!!!
By brooklyn_lion

2011 Jaguar XK XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My previous car was Jaguar 2007 XK convertible, which I thought could not really be improved on. Well, I was wrong! Kudos to Tata for making Jag even better and luxurious; Ford has made a big mistake selling it! When I first turned on the engine of my new Salsa Red XKR with charcoal interior, I was blown away by the sound! Few minutes later I was blown away by the engine power. This is the most amazing car! It grabs attention everywhere. It is gorgeous, fast, slick. Interior is to die for! Dealership was fantastic!

Favorite Features

Practically everything except for suggested improvements listed below.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is confusing and poorly designed. I don't like the iPod track information screen. I think the voice-activation feature should be included for the car at this price.

Better than I had hoped!
By PRI

2011 Jaguar XK XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is the best car I have ever owned and that includes a lot of great cars (even a new 1974 XKE convertible). Before I bought it, I compared it to test drives of the MB SL 500, the Porsche Carrera and BMW 650I. The XKR won the comparison easily IMO. The acceleration from any speed is awesome. People are always pulling-up alongside to tell me how great it looks and sounds! Better city mileage than the 2008 BMW 750I I had before this car. Much simpler to operate than a BMW. I wanted a fantastic GT and now I have one. Jaguar's motto of "Grace with Pace" says it all. I will keep this car forever!

Favorite Features

Style, sound and handling. 5 year warranty and free service.

Suggested Improvements

Modern hard drive and remote concierge service (like BMW).

Horrible company.
By MadMan

2011 Jaguar XK XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Engine seized after 15k miles. Jaguar will not take care of it although it is under warranty. Beware of this company. Their customer service is the worst. I have owned BMW, Lexus and and this xkr convertible. I will never buy another Jaguar. I am going with a BMW. Wish I could afford a Lexus lfa. Don't buy Jaguar. Trust me!