2010 Jaguar XK Consumer Review: What a growling Cat!!

2010 Jaguar XK - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (5.0L V8 6-speed Automatic)

What a growling Cat!!
By david_in_texas on

2010 Jaguar XK 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 3 year old 2010 XK Convertible in Indigo with the Cashmere interior. It had 25,000+ miles but looked and drove like brand new. I had a 2 day trip from Detroit, where I bought the car, back to DFW, Texas. The responsiveness of the throttle is simply amazing...even with "only" 385hp.. LOL. The fit and finish are outstanding. The suspension is a bit firm, but I guess that's the price you have to pay for such performance and handling. I generally get 18mpg on my commute to work and got 22+mpg on the road trip in from Michigan. The sat radio does seem to drop out quicker than my Lexus, but the audio response of the Bowers and Wilkins system is amazing. Truly a great car.

Throttle response, exhaust growl, handling and the outstanding Aston Martin looks.

The touch screen is a bit confusing, but still useful. The sat radio needs more signal buffering to prevent dropouts. The back seat is useless except for a small suitcase or groceries...but they are difficult to insert and retrieve with the top up. but don't mess up the response and handling!!
By packhunter
on 04/11/15 20:38 PM (PDT)

Agree with David in Texas. I bought a 2010 with 41k miles and in mint condition. However, got as high as 30 mpg between Albuquerque and Flagstaff...am sure the thin air helped but averaged over 28mpg all the way to California. This car drives like a dream.