2010 Jaguar XK XKR - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK model:
Sexy Pussycat
By Mitch on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Awesome, Love it, can't Believe the Attention. Gathers crowd. Everywhere I Go.

Amazing XK
By richnota on 08/24/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Drove 300 mile round trip to country every weekend as well as a daily city commute. The XK never needed anything except a new wiper blade. Biggest problem was keeping it under speed limit. The car is most happy cruising at 80-90 mph. Direction headlights are perfect for country roads.

Expectation Winner
By BPS on 07/05/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car has surpassed my expectations in terms of performance and exhaust sound. I really enjoy driving it. More than my 3 year old 2008 911 4S Cab. I am a loyal fan and believer now.

Sexy look and Sport
By bruno on 04/11/10 04:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I finally purchased a 2010 XKR Coupe, after testing Mercedes E63 AMG, BMW Ms, Audi S5/6.. My wife immediately felt in love when she saw it "It's like an Ashton Martin !" she told me, yep we know why, same designer. That was a good start! But not enough for me. On paper the specifications are already very impressive, but it's really when you start to drive it that you realize what it really means. This car has it all ! It can be very soft and you can feel like in a lounge, but in a minute later, you switch on the "S" mode, press the accelerator, and you truly have a race car, and you can't believe you are already over speed limit (noises very well filtered). An eye catcher for sure!

2010 XKR Coupe
By Bruno on 04/04/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I recently purchased the 2010 XKR Coupe, after testing Mercedes, BMW (My wife didn't like the design of the E63 AMG or BMW Ms as much as the XKR).I do really enjoy every minute I drive it. The car design is amazing (in particular with the 20 Inch Wheels), and while it's really fast, it's never brutal. The interior filters very well the exterior noises. The seats are top notch and you can easily find your perfect driving position. You can drive for hours and not getting tired. The brakes are very strong (expected !). So far my mileage is 17 mpg Avg. (No gas Guzzler Tax compare to the E63 AMG) A fantastic GT, and an eye catcher (same designer than Ashton Martin)

Jaguar exceeded my expecations!
By Steve on 03/05/10 12:34 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought a "fire enging red" XKR convertible with tan top, tan interior, plus chrome wheels. Previously I have a similar XK8 convertible. Guys shout compliments at me from the sidewalk as I go by. Jaguar has created an elegant design with a monster engine!

One Angry Cat
By fred wheeler on 02/07/10 15:33 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought the 2010 Jag XKR after close comparison shopping with M3,M6, and 911s. The Jags looks trumped the others but I wasn't sure about the chassis and performance of the new 5.0 engine.Well I absolutely love this car! I have owned many sports cars but this car is a stunner. Performance is spectacular, torque is outstanding, and I have averaged 19 mpg on the first 1,800 miles. The sound system is incredible and the Bowers & Wilkins speakers are as good as it gets. Truly a world class touring car. A car that can be pussy cat to drive or a "scalded cat" on demand.

Oh, My - What a Car!!
By Andrew on 11/26/09 16:58 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Wow! My salsa red supercharged convertible with black interior started to turn heads right inside the dealership. I knew I was getting something special when I pushed the "Start" button and the Jag emitted a roar like a supersonic boom, only to become whisper-quiet as the gear-changing knob raised up from the console. As I was driving home, the 510 hp was unlike anything I've driven before. The car responds like a rocket! With minimal gas it accelerates before you have time to blink again emitting the unmistakable Jag roar. The handling is amazing! The style is to die for - it is the best- looking car out there! Almost everything about this car is top-notch.

2010 XKR CONV.
By HOWARD on 11/22/09 07:04 AM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Purchased both the XKR and XF sedan. The XKR conv. is fantastic. No complaints. Fast and furious when needed! Interior and body quality excellent. I think they are great cars. Jaguar has come a long way!!

Short Term Review
By dirtdoc1 on 11/10/09 21:27 PM (PST)

2010 Jaguar XK XKR XKR 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Performance: With 510hp & peak torque at 2500rpm with the CATS system disabled, it is hard to keep the back wheels from spinning while the rear end kicks out. Anymore power would be a waste. Interior is all stitched leather, suede and wood. It reminds me of a Ferarri inside. Not many bells and whistles and NO VOICE ACTIVATION!! This car is all about performance, which is why it is surprising that they did not use racing pedals and steering wheel. The auto door lock does not work, which is why I gave it a 6 for reliability. The engine is covered with plastic - very cheezy! The back seats are for CD's. This car is fun to drive and fun to look at. It is a rocket on rails, Jag should be proud!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jaguar XK Xkr in VA is:

$181 per month*